Contacting Rooney?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
maskaggs

Contacting Rooney?

Post by maskaggs »

My beloved Rooney has become a shedder -- 5-6 per shave, and getting really annoying on the face and jammed in the razor. I can't figure out how to contact them, though. I gather they are now City of London Brushworks, but that website takes me to some South African shave retail site.

Any advice on how I can go about a repair / replacement process?
Regards,
Mike
churchilllafemme

Re: Contacting Rooney?

Post by churchilllafemme »

maskaggs wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:30 am My beloved Rooney has become a shedder -- 5-6 per shave, and getting really annoying on the face and jammed in the razor. I can't figure out how to contact them, though. I gather they are now City of London Brushworks, but that website takes me to some South African shave retail site.

Any advice on how I can go about a repair / replacement process?
You can reach Lee Sabini at leesabini@me.com. He may or may not respond (most likely not).
_______
John
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

The centre of the knot of my Rooney 2/1 Finest has started to hollow out. Mr Sabini offered to replace the knot with his current Finest badger at my cost. As it’s still functional, I’ve decided to continue to use the brush as is.
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

on the plus side you got a reply to your inquiry :)

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Rufus wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:45 am The centre of the knot of my Rooney 2/1 Finest has started to hollow out. Mr Sabini offered to replace the knot with his current Finest badger at my cost. As it’s still functional, I’ve decided to continue to use the brush as is.
This sounds a lot like "Go buy a new brush" :D
Regards,
Mike
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

maskaggs wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 am
Rufus wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:45 am The centre of the knot of my Rooney 2/1 Finest has started to hollow out. Mr Sabini offered to replace the knot with his current Finest badger at my cost. As it’s still functional, I’ve decided to continue to use the brush as is.
This sounds a lot like "Go buy a new brush" :D
I did \:D/ \:D/
Bryan