Nice knot

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Oscar11

Nice knot

Post by Oscar11 »

I purchased this knot from Maggard's, it's their 2 band Super High Density. Pictured is a 22mm and knot the dia. above the plug is close to 24mm. It's gel tipped and has a nice backbone and great for a face lathering. I have 3 more brushes in the works one mixed knot, badger/boar and a couple more synthetics.
Rufus

Re: Nice knot

Post by Rufus »

Very nice.
Bryan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Nice rasta colours on the handle! Looking at the knot I'd swear it has been dyed to make it a two band. As were many of the no-longer-available classic brushes.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

As were many of the no-longer-available classic brushes.
i must have been in a becks induced stupor when news broke....can you give us a brand(s) hint for further search? thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Maggard SHD 2-Band
Maggard SHD 2-Band
20190331_090739.jpg (858.7 KiB) Viewed 5213 times
I bought the 22mm and threw it in a Whipped Dog handle I had sitting around. I set the loft at 48mm, which with such a dense knot meant I needed a 24mm opening. This one has very soft tips but excellent backbone due to its density. Not a lather hog. It does have some gelling at the tips. Excellent value. The handle was 8 bucks a year ago, so for under $45 I have a pretty dang nice brush.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau