Video : Semogue 830 Hereditas and Galahad C3 boar brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Teiste

Video : Semogue 830 Hereditas and Galahad C3 boar brushes

Post by Teiste »

The new Semogue Galahad C3 and 830 Hereditas premium boar are superb shaving brushes and a great alternative to the iconic 1305 one in case that you don't want a wooden handle.

For their prices , brilliant alternatives not only to the 1305 , but to other more expensive badger hair brushes.

You can buy them here

https://vintagescent.com/

and you can apply the 10% discount code foroafeitado 
CMur12

Re: Video : Semogue 830 Hereditas and Galahad C3 boar brushes

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for another great review video, Teiste!

My understanding has always been that the Semogue 1305 and the 830 brushes were the only two made with that particular grade/quality of boar bristle, which I always found unique and superior to any other, and that the 830 was advertised as having a denser knot than the 1305, consistent with your experience here.

The news here for me:

1. The 1305 is now available with a resin handle, in the form of the C3, and

2. There is a new version of this bristle with the same soft tips as before, but at the same time with more backbone than previously.

Semogue still rules. =D>

- Murray
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Excellent stuff! I have become a nearly-exclusive Semogue user over the last nine months or so. I accrued a number of boars last spring and summer, adding to the 2000 and the Mistura I already had on hand, and I've picked up some silvertips in the past few months as well. Semogue's brushes are uniformly excellent as far as I can tell, and I've even come around on the 830 after initially being underwhelmed by its performance. I imagine the iconic 1305 will turn up in my den eventually.

Great video, Teiste.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've always been an admirer of Semogue Teiste. Thank you for the video. The plexi handle on the 830 is, as you say, a beautiful brush. The impulsive collector in me is suggesting that I should consider both the 830 and also one of the Mistura brushes, in the event I jump back into the brush acquisition mode sometime in the future.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Teiste, the word you were looking for for the material of the handle on the 830 is "acrylic."

(I recognized the word you used from the Spanish and Portuguese.)

- Murray
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

I used my Semogue 830 today for the first time in at least a month. The lather it ginned up was absolutely wonderful, and its facefeel was as lovely as ever. I think of this as a boar for silvertip lovers, and I can't believe how close I came to selling it. It's a wonderful brush.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau