Swede's - I had forgotten

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Gene

Swede's - I had forgotten

Post by Gene »

I have been using my General razor for quite some time. But - a comment from Dr Moss about the blades being for a different purpose than face shaving has stuck with me. Last night I decided to perform an experiment. I have an older Tech razor (the kind with the rounded triangle-shaped slots in the base - a bit more aggressive than other Tech razors). I paired this with a heavy handle to change the way the razor felt in my hand - all the weight in my hand. So far so good. Now - for a blade. As I rummaged around I came across an opened 5-pack of Swede's that had to have been opened a couple of years ago. So I put one in the razor - ready for the shave this morning.

I typically shave in the shower - and it was no different today. Same technique as usual - currently up in the rotation is a tube of Nivea shave cream (purchased at a Canadian market on the recommendation of Wendell) and my reliable ancient Tweezarman $11 badger brush.

The results? Nothing short of amazing. I had forgotten how smooth these blades really are. Even from an old open pack. Frankly it felt like I was just moving the razor over my face without a blade in it - it was that smooth. Excellent performance. Wish they still made them.

Or, I wish there was a blade this good for the General since the Swede's will eventually be gone.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Swede's - I had forgotten

Post by fallingwickets »

a 'perfect' shave is one of the best ways to brighten up a day :lol:

enjoy the blades while they last

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: Swede's - I had forgotten

Post by Pauldog »

Try the Schick Proline P-30 blades, from Japan. That's the size that fits the Artist Club razor, and the B-20 is the standard injector size.

They shouldn't be too hard to find online.