Gillette Silver Blue vs Platinum

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
jww
Woolly Bully

Gillette Silver Blue vs Platinum

Post by jww »

Good morning gents.

Yes I know it's been donkey's years since I have been on the forum. Life had become quite busy for some time and forum surfing was simply something I couldn't invest in.

Quick question for you blade aficionados. I have been a Silver Blue man exclusively for quite a few years now, but can't find them readily these days as my supply is waning ..... I have a couple of months left now. Anyone able to give me a comparison between the Silver Blues and Platinums? The latter are readily available at the moment, but no word on supply chain availability on the former.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Gillette Silver Blue vs Platinum

Post by jww »

Anyone??
Wendell

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Wish I knew. I have a slew of Gillette 7 o’clock in green
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Wendell! Availability of the Gillette Silver Blue blades is apparently not a problem, according to Amazon and Ebay. Go get 'em! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:26 am Hi Wendell! Availability of the Gillette Silver Blue blades is apparently not a problem, according to Amazon and Ebay. Go get 'em! :D
Thanks Gary -- I have always procured from Fendriahan.ca and never gave thought to procuring through Mr. Bezos ....... Fendrihan are an excellent Canadian supplier, but have been out of stock for the past couple of months. Amazon it looks like this time around.
8)
Wendell

offshoot

Post by offshoot »

Hi Wendell

My supplier: https://www.razorbladesclub.com

Worldwide shipping.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Was cleaning out my office and found a bunch more supply that I didn’t realize I had so so good for the foreseeable future.
Wendell

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

jww wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 am Was cleaning out my office and found a bunch more supply that I didn’t realize I had so so good for the foreseeable future.
Nice find.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Sam wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:33 pm
jww wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 am Was cleaning out my office and found a bunch more supply that I didn’t realize I had so so good for the foreseeable future.
Nice find.
It was - especially since in realizing the manufacturing country, I am not sure I'll purchase more in the future so nice to have a bit of a stash for a few more months.
Wendell

Brutus

Post by Brutus »

It was - especially since in realizing the manufacturing country, I am not sure I'll purchase more in the future so nice to have a bit of a stash for a few more months.
Noticed them today on italianbarber.com for $34,59 CAD, but for the same reason as you I recently gave BiC platinum blades a try, as I wasn’t sure whether I would want to purchase more Astra or other Russian made blades at this stage.

Having said that, I have about four years’ worth of Feather blades left, but it’s still nice to switch blades once in a while.

B.

BTW, each time I see your avatar I remember how much I liked the Inspector Morse series.
Brits (BBC) can do some darn good, intelligent TV series with realistic, riveting plots that do not depend on car chases, explosions, bodies spilling their guts, or similar special effects.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell