Read this and tell me what you think.

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Post by FiReSTaRT »

My first shaver was a Braun I bought for 300 deutchemarks in '95-96. The funny part is that I could have bought it here for half the price. I wouldn't say it gave me BBS shaves or shaves that were any better than the Philips I bought in 2004, but I was also happy with it and used it until the battery died. I replaced my blades every 2 years as recommended by a buddy who worked at Personal Edge. The only times I use the Philips these days are:
1) When I cut myself so badly that I shouldn't take a blade to my face. As my technique got better, this stopped happening.
2) When I need to shape my side-burns
3) When I need to give the hair around my ears a trim in case my stylist can't see me for another week.
"The downfall of any system of government is that it is run by humans." -- Ilija Milicevic
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

When I first saw this thread I thought Nathan had finally come back :cry:
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

Not to keep this going for what is already way too long, but I used to post at Jim's site when I was still using electrics off and on, and like SMF, that board had lot of very helpful members (probably still does) and I learned a lot about the finer points of electric shaving there. Ultimately, however, I found that traditional wet shaving was made for me (or me for it :) ), and I won’t be going back to electrics for all the reasons already mentioned.

For whatever reason (nothing more than childishness, I suspect), Jim has decided to have fun at our expense by baiting members of this forum, and we’re reacting in just the very way he wants us to. He’s laughing at us, as his posts of smiley faces so clearly indicate. It does look like this particular thread is fading, but I would respectfully suggest that Jim be banned from further posting and that we ignore his foolishness so he’ll go away.
Joe
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

If I remember right, Jim was banned a long time ago, and several of his obscene and abusive posts were removed.

I learned a lot from El Alamein's recent post about the microscopic look at electric vs. blade shaving. I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of harm from a good blade, and shocked at how bad the electric makes your face look, at least under a microscope. I wonder if different electrics have different effects.
mikey

Post by mikey »

hey gordon,

i never would have expected this coming from a gentleman like yourself.

i happen to have this incredible 1970s-vintage hamilton beach that carves through turkeys and hams like nobody's business. it even causes interference with the television when you operate it.

<lol> <lol> <lol>

thanks,
mike

bernards66 wrote:...It's like being really into electric carving knives as opposed to quality cutlery...
Regards,
Gordon
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Read this and tell me what you think.

Post by drmoss_ca »

Anyone who might have noticed will have seen that the banned Jim Elliott came back under another name to troll us again with his electric shaver shtick. Since he was banned in 2005, he cannot rejoin. Making a second account under another name is also forbidden in the forum rules, so he and his posts have been deleted. He must have been very bored to need to come back after 15 years to have another go at us.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace