Read this and tell me what you think.

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Congratulations on being #1 for electric razors!

However, as it has been pointed out to you before, you are a guest here. Abide by decent rules of conduct. According to the rules at your board, you would now have to ban yourself.

Since you are #1, are we to consider you and your conduct as representative of the fine class of electric razor shavers? I certainly hope not.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Jim Elliott wrote::D
Is someone editing your posts here, or are you really (double) posting smilies?
And was your "New Pic" thread really just a psyche, or were there pics?
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Jim Elliott wrote:First of all, you posted two shaver-selling ads, not one. Furthermore, if you don't like how I run things at Electric Razor Rap, tough. It is the number one board today for electric razors and electric shaving. That says it all right there.
You continue to post like that here and you'll need that hard hat!

I find it interesting to find Sadam, er sorry, Jim come here and brag about how he rules his board with an iron fist.

Sir, you are doing a dis-service to the entire shaving community. There will always be guys like me who will never be able use an electric. They deserve honest information, not to be misled into misery. If you really cared about them, you would want to let them know about alternatives that might help. Instead you're using censorship to protect your narrow-minded selfish point of view.

Nobody will sensor you here, but your own attitude has shown you for what you are. I don't think Nathan needs my protection. We all know him and he has earned our respect. I can't say as much for you.

So, pedal your little wind up toy and do with it as you will, but spare us your drivel about the success of your site. Honesty and decency means more to me. And I'm proud to be preserving the tradition of wet shaving.
Joe
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Joe Lerch wrote:
Jim Elliott wrote:First of all, you posted two shaver-selling ads, not one. Furthermore, if you don't like how I run things at Electric Razor Rap, tough. It is the number one board today for electric razors and electric shaving. That says it all right there.

I find it interesting to find Sadam, er sorry, Jim come here and brag about how he rules his board with an iron fist.

Sir, you are doing a dis-service to the entire shaving community. There will always be guys like me who will never be able use an electric. They deserve honest information, not to be misled into misery. If you really cared about them, you would want to let them know about alternatives that might help. Instead you're using censorship to protect your narrow-minded selfish point of view.

Nobody will sensor you here, but your own attitude has shown you for what you are. I don't think Nathan needs my protection. We all know him and he has earned our respect. I can't say as much for you.

So, pedal your little wind up toy and do with it as you will, but spare us your drivel about the success of your site. Honesty and decency means more to me. And I'm proud to be preserving the tradition of wet shaving.
Right on Joe!

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Gramps wrote:
Joe Lerch wrote:

Right on Joe!

- Gramps
Too bad they don't make a funny looking hat to defend against bannings.

Thin ice you're on, Roger Remington
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
divotmax

Post by divotmax »

Hi;

Just thought I would share a private message from Mr. Elliot, always the gentleman:

"There are a couple others I've missed. Like I said, Electric Razor Rap is the #1 electric shaving board. Now, go fuck yourself! "

He does represent his board well, doesn't he?

BobS
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

divotmax wrote:Hi;

Just thought I would share a private message from Mr. Elliot, always the gentleman:

"There are a couple others I've missed. Like I said, Electric Razor Rap is the #1 electric shaving board. Now, go fuck yourself! "

He does represent his board well, doesn't he?

BobS
Bob, I received a similar message.
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Ohhhhh,

He is a real 'gentleman'...........
edited his original attack on Nathan in this thread, posted a vulgar pic then removed it and continues to 'needle away' here against his own board's rules for posting.

When the Internet crashes and the world hydro grid goes down, at least we'll have the satisfaction of knowing we taught fellows to shave with a blade (str8 or DE, or multi)
There will be a lot of spindley bearded ex-electric users (or really scarred-up from trying to use a sharp implement ... :wink: :shock: ) walking the planet..

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Brett G
Viscount Krona

Post by Brett G »

Doesn't Jimbo understand that no one cares about being banned from his site. It's like being banned from shopping at Wal-Mart.

This guy is a low-rent, low-class, low-voltage slob. It's very cool that none of our members have stooped to cheap vulgarity.
Brett
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Man, talk about hijacking a thread. I was all set to issue another defense of myself, but I see there is no need. Clearly our members are capable of smelling a rat. It's ironic that Elliot took a thread that in no way was demeaning of his board (beyond a somewhat comical reflection of how electric users can be as nutty as we are) and, in the name of defending his "honor," turned it into something that quite effectively trashed him and his board - but especially him. I guess the name "Shavermeister" says it all. Sieg heil!

Joe, I need to add your name to my list of people to thank. Given our history, it was quite big of you to say what you did about me. Thank you. I do appreciate it.
Last edited by JackieMartling on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

I don't know the facts, but i do know this: Nathan behaves like a gentleman and Jim Elliot does not. Enough said.
Regards,
Mahesh
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

JackieMartling wrote:Joe, I need to add your name to my list of people to thank. Given our history, it was quite big of you to say what you did about me. Thank you. I do appreciate it.
No thanks are necessary. Our only history is of disagreeing. That's part of this experience, even if it can get a little heated at times.

This guy is a bully and is something totally different. I don't intend to let him get away with it.
Joe
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Doesn't Jim's avatar complete the picture? Mr Macho appears in his hard hat. What could be more wimpy than holding a device to your face that is more suitable as a vibrator?

And his intellect is nothing short of astounding! In the face of legitimate criticsm he sends us a bunch of smily faces. I think we have the next nominee for the Supreme Court.
Joe
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Miers better hold on to her butt.
Last edited by JackieMartling on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Doesn't Mr Elliott look like one of the Village People??
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
reginald-van-gleason

Post by reginald-van-gleason »

Brett G wrote:Last post was before I saw the Norelco Nazi's photo contribution. Words can no longer describe this guy.
I think that was his self portrait... judging by the stubble, it's obvious that he uses an electric.

RVG
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

I missed all of that. I don't know whether I should feel excluded or fortunate.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Gramps wrote: and the world hydro grid goes down
Gramps, what is the world hydro grid? I know Canada uses a LOT more hydro generators, is that what you are talking about?

Not picking, just us here down South call it the electric grid system and it would be interesting to know if it has different names in other parts of the world. I know some others systems use 60hz and some use something else, but they are all basically the same, RTU's, SCADA's, EMS systems, etc....
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Art,
wasn't referring to any "system" in particular...

One big sun flare can take it down (at least on the side of the planet facing the EMP of the sun flare. ) Like happened in Quebec a few years ago.

Just musing on my part.

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Gramps wrote:Art,
wasn't referring to any "system" in particular...

One big sun flare can take it down (at least on the side of the planet facing the EMP of the sun flare. ) Like happened in Quebec a few years ago.

Just musing on my part.

- Gramps
Oh yeah, one solar magnetinc disturbance greater than a K-5 can really mess stuff up, especially the governors in the the units and the relays on the transmission lines.
Art