BIC 1 Sensitive single blade disposables

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Ouchmychin

Re: BIC 1 Sensitive single blade disposables

Post by Ouchmychin »

Wow! Those are completely different looking from the ones I get at my dollar store. Mine are either lavender with a white head and clear guard or Back half of handle white; front half lavender with a white insert and a lavender head and lavender guard. The first have a narrow but thick green slippery insert. The second has a wider and thinner white slippery insert. The hinge is also wider on the second one. I think they make many models some with three blades in the head. Both of the two blade ones I got shave alike and very well. Too lazy to get out the camera and jump through hoops to get the pics posted
Ouchmychin (Pete)
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Thanks, Gary. Your packaging definitely reflects Noxzema branding, but the ones I see online are like what Pete suggests. Do yours pivot? Where again can we find the "real" deal?
Attachments
noxzema-twin-blade-disposable-razor-12-count-2.gif.jpeg
noxzema-twin-blade-disposable-razor-12-count-2.gif.jpeg (88.99 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
Ron
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:
jww wrote:Got one on the hotel bathroom counter today for an evening shave before I hit the hay tonight. These are absolute little gems --- and if it hadn't been for my membership here, I would never have considered them.
Wendell, believe it or not, I found a 10-pack at a Shoppers'. How many shaves do you get from each one?
If you found some at SDM, they must be stocking them in their stores now. I wonder if Superstore is going to stock as well.

Anyway, I digress ..... these aren't the best for longevity --- as I typically get 3 maybe 4 shaves tops out of one before I find them becoming less effective. I just tossed my last one this am in the hotel after 4 shaves.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:
jww wrote: These are absolute little gems --- and if it hadn't been for my membership here, I would never have considered them.
And the wives think we're just fooling around here, this place is educational, I tell 'ya.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

:) If it makes me happy and keeps me occupied and out of her way, then she's happy too.

Edit: Today Jan. 17th, I found a package of 10 Bic Sensitives for a couple of dollars. In the next few days, I'll give them a try. Don't want to be missing out on something that has proven to others that it's very good, and which I've never personally used. Interestingly, these are made in France! Maybe someone's already posted that.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning's shave was a pleasure, as usual, and today's razor was the humble Bic Sensitive. I understand and agree with the positive reviews. Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:My go-to travel razor has been a BIC sensitive for many a year now. It travels easily, is TSA/CATSA approved/acceptable and gives a good 3 or 4 shaves before you start feeling any tugs.
I'm giving these a try, but from a practical perspective they probably won't work for me as my standard travel razor. When I travel I'm away for at least two weeks and up to four weeks. Accordingly, with a life of 3/4 shaves I'd have to take 4 to 8 razors. On the other hand, I get 7 shaves from a Sensor cartridge, thus I have to take just 2 to 4 cartridges. Additionally, cartridges are much more compact than whole razors. If I like the shaves I get from the Bics, I will keep some on hand for weekend trips.
Bryan
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Always a rough shave with the Bics, but I remain curious about Gary's Noxzema/Kai brand. Haven't found that exact packaging yet.
Ron
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Ron I found them at Dollartree.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Squire wrote:Ron I found them at Dollartree.
Yep. I got several. Pack of 2 for a dollar. Just to see who's paying attention, I have 5 packs I want to give away to SMF members who might be interested in trying them. One new pack of two razors per person, just send me a PM. Offer is open to SMF members with at least 100 posts. I'll also throw in one or two Bic Sensitive razors.
Gary

rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

They have a couple stores around here that I can check into. Thanks.
Squire wrote:Ron I found them at Dollartree.
Ron
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Wendell, FYI, I picked up a bag of 10 BIC 1 Sensitives at Shoppers' Drug Mart for $6, including 13% sales tax. I'll use my first one tomorrow.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

So far, only one request has been received and fulfilled for 2 of the BICs and a pack of 2 of the Noxzema/Kai disposables. Still have 4 remaining.
Gary

celar36

Post by celar36 »

Just bought pack of ten as I run out last week. Very useful razor for lazy days/wife/guest.
Jack
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

When I last checked on the Noxzemas a week or so ago, they showed up on the Wal-Mart Web site, not at the store 1.5 miles from here but at three stores about 8-10 miles from here. Today they don't show up at all on the Wal-Mart site, but I managed to reach one of the stores on an errand junket and there was the last pack, all by itself in the shelf bin. Price marked on the bin was $4.97, but it checked out at $2.88. An interesting trial, but not something to count on. My main stash of disposables is the Schick twin blade, with the slate blue handle and sliding white cap. They disappeared from Wal-Mart shelves last year, and some time later disappeared from their Web site. They've been around since the '80's, but it looks like Schick has stopped making them. A number of people besides me seemed to like them, judging from the reviews I read. C'est la vie...
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Rufus wrote:
jww wrote:My go-to travel razor has been a BIC sensitive for many a year now. It travels easily, is TSA/CATSA approved/acceptable and gives a good 3 or 4 shaves before you start feeling any tugs.
I'm giving these a try, but from a practical perspective they probably won't work for me as my standard travel razor. When I travel I'm away for at least two weeks and up to four weeks. Accordingly, with a life of 3/4 shaves I'd have to take 4 to 8 razors. On the other hand, I get 7 shaves from a Sensor cartridge, thus I have to take just 2 to 4 cartridges. Additionally, cartridges are much more compact than whole razors. If I like the shaves I get from the Bics, I will keep some on hand for weekend trips.
So far my trial of the BIC Sensitives has not convinced me to adopt them in place of my Mach3 or Sensor. What I've been doing is to shave one side of my face and neck with the BIC and the other side with my Mach3 or Sensor. I have to say that the Mach3 and Sensor give a closer more comfortable shave than the BIC. In fact, after 3 passes With the BIC I have to finish up with the Mach3/Sensor to get the same degree of smoothnesss that I get after just 2 passes with the Mach3/Sensor.
Bryan
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

The ASDA supermarket chain in the UK is currently selling 2 x 20 packs (ie 40 razors) for £3 GBP. That's not much more than a dime each in American money. I've cleaned my local store out.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Seamaster wrote:The ASDA supermarket chain in the UK is currently selling 2 x 20 packs (ie 40 razors) for £3 GBP. That's not much more than a dime each in American money. I've cleaned my local store out.
If it's nut Tesco, it's ASDA. :D
Wendell

gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

after reading this thread i picked up a bag of these. very good results! just as good as my fancy double edhe razors. these may make my double edge razors antiques. how many shave are you guys getting from them?
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
pausted

Post by pausted »

gil3591 wrote:after reading this thread i picked up a bag of these. very good results! just as good as my fancy double edhe razors. these may make my double edge razors antiques. how many shave are you guys getting from them?
We were traveling recently and I used two on an eight day trip, shaving daily. I tossed the first one after four days. I really could have gone longer but they are so darn cheap I opted for a new blade after four days.
Best regards,

Basil