Schick Proline P-30 (Artist Club size) blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: Schick Proline P-30 (Artist Club size) blades

Post by Pauldog »

It would be interesting to get some microscope photos of the edge.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tomorrow morning (May 1st) will begin my routine 30 day stint with the P-30. I'm expecting nothing less than perfection.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

I used the General with the Schick Proline blade today. Over the past few days I've been using a disposable cartridge Schick Slim Twin (SII) on and off in rotation with the General. I was startled to find that this long discontinued blade provides an unusually close and smooth shave that heretofore had been reserved to the General 2nd version from Colonial. As a matter of fact, the Slim Twin was actually providing better results than the General when trying to remove the whiskers on my chin and particularly the strikingly handsome :D dimple on my cleft chin. This is the most difficult area on my face, judging from the frequency of cuts and blood that usually occur there. I had seriously considered using the SII as a permanent chin tool in tandem with whatever other razor or blade was sailing along on the easy face parts. General or straight razor. After today's General/Schick combo to very carefully shave the chin with all of it's complications I must have subconsciously learned something about technique from using the SII because the General provided the best results there, identical to the results from the SII.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444