Gillette Heated Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Gillette Heated Razor

Post by Pauldog »

Not too long ago, GIllette came up with another new thing to provide novelty beyond putting more blades in their cartridges:
https://gillette.com/en-us/products/gil ... y-gillette

It's a $200 heated razor, apparently released some time last year, judging from the timing of member Mantic's article at his website:
https://sharpologist.com/gillette-heated-razor/

It looks like a Fusion, but it uses its own cartridges, which include a heating bar. It heats with an internal battery, and the razor kit includes an induction charging base for the handle.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Gillette Heated Razor

Post by fallingwickets »

i hope all the working parts stay working! for $200 it needs lo have longevity which i doubt it will have.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

And here I was dipping and rinsing my razor in hot water. How absolutely primitive of me.

Just to be clear, I was poking fun at the product, not the article which I thought was well-written and comprehensive.
Ed
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Makes you wonder if it cuts the hair or removes it by electrolysis. Not that I care; Gillette has become a joke.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I'm pretty sure it's just heating the face, and then cutting the hair with a 5-blade cartridge.

I'm not interested in it as a product to buy, but I am a little interested in how Gillette deals with creating appeal for their products that have unexpired patents, when the best stuff has been around for decades with expired patents.

I think their best recent product has been the single-blade Guard razor sold in India, but if they released it here with a decent handle, they'd cannibalize their Fusion and Mach 3 sales. If they released it here with the current handle, they'd probably cannibalize their disposable sales.