gillette platinum (swede) / new version ?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: gillette platinum (swede) / new version ?

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks gents. I'm sort of kicking myself now for discarding the gillettes when i had them. one of my pet peeves was the dispenser....it seemed incredibly hard to get a blade. This time around, I just popped the container open with a knife :roll: :D
https://ibb.co/JmDFv8t

wishing you all a grand Easter holidays

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Clive, that's the experience I have had with Personna 74s, in my opinion the best blades ever made. I have to pry the top off of the dispenser and peel each blade off.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Personna 74s, in my opinion the best blades ever made
let me take guess.....winning the powerball lottery is easier than finding a supply of the 74's? :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

fallingwickets wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:16 am
Personna 74s, in my opinion the best blades ever made
let me take guess.....winning the powerball lottery is easier than finding a supply of the 74's? :lol: :lol:

clive
Clive, last I looked, you could find them, but they were priced really high - more than I would be willing to pay. Fortunately, I have a small supply that should last me for quite awhile (both DE and Injector). In the experience of a good number of shavers, the Personna 74s last twice as long as, or longer than, modern stainless blades of good quality, so a stash of 74s is equivalent to twice as many of most any other blade.

Within the last couple of years, when prices were unreasonable for an outright purchase, I managed to trade some Light Brigade Wilks for some 74s.

- Murray
BPman

Post by BPman »

Gillette does not IMO make a bad DE blade today. The only one that is not spectacular IMO is their PPI Russian Sputnik blade that is perhaps a rung under the others, but still gives a decent shave. Even the lowly Gillette 365 blade made in India is superb. I recently got 100 for under $10 shipped from India and am pleased as punch. Far more important than the blade selected is the prep & technique IMO. I am to the point now that I can tell little if any difference amongst all top tier blades.