Schick Slim Twin revisited - Great result

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Schick Slim Twin revisited - Great result

Post by brothers »

Yesterday's razor and blade was an impulse choice. Schick Slim Twin - STII. We've discussed these and their related brands several times over the past few years. I was - still am - amazed at how well it turned out. The resulting shave (2 day's whisker growth) was fast, smooth, and very close with no problems. The Slim Twin razor uses the disposable cartridges. It has 2 settings. I chose setting number two I presume to be more aggressive than number 1. Makes me consider using it more often.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Schick Slim Twin revisited - Great result

Post by Sam »

This Has to be one of my top two disposable razors that I prefer. Always like the Shick slim twin over the BICs which I could not stand, or the Gillette brands including the good news razor. The Schick three blade razor was pretty good, and I do like to Harry’s disposable razor which I think is four blades
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Gary, are you talking about the old Slim Twin non-disposable razor handle? The Slim Twin cartridge was very similar to the Gillette Atra, and the blade was the same width, but the cartridge overall was noticeably more compact. I don't know if the twin blades were closer together. If I remember right, It was tricky to fit a Slim Twin cartridge into an Atra razor, but I think the reverse worked all right. I've never tried the current disposable ST2 razors.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

For years, I used the Schick Tracer - twin blade with the flexible cartridge - with great satisfaction. Is that different from the Slim Twin?

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Paul, I'm using the permanent handle with the refills that come in the 10 cartridge pack.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I think I've only seen non-adjustable Slim Twin cartridges. They do have a little thing you push to get out hair from between the blades.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Same here Paul, the only adjustable part of this non-disposable razor handle is on the underside of the handle at the top, where the user can choose between settings 1 and 2. I've got mine on 2. I'm not really sure what adjustment is taking place. It must be something to do with the tightening or loosening of the swiveling part of the mounting bracket, but that's just a guess.
Gary

CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

brothers wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:29 am Same here Paul, the only adjustable part of this non-disposable razor handle is on the underside of the handle at the top, where the user can choose between settings 1 and 2. I've got mine on 2. I'm not really sure what adjustment is taking place. It must be something to do with the tightening or loosening of the swiveling part of the mounting bracket, but that's just a guess.
That would be my guess, Gary. I have a Feather Neo cartridge razor and it allows the shaver to lock the cartridge in place or to allow it to swivel.

- Murray