Deleting posts after a reply has been received

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
brothers

Deleting posts after a reply has been received

Post by brothers »

Just curious. Normally simple edit might work but in some cases it would be nice just to delete it. Every so often it (posts removed after replies posted) happens and I'm curious as to the protocol. I'm referring only to routinely acceptable sincere posts by legitimate long time members in good standing as opposed to scams and trolls.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Deleting posts after a reply has been received

Post by drmoss_ca »

One has to be a bit careful in removing the original post of a thread, as that can make the whole thread meaningless. For follow-up posts, there's generally no harm in removing them. Ask any mod or admin and they can help you out.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Gary, if you go to "The Team" at the bottom of the page, it lists administrators. It doesn't list moderators, however, as we're not "global moderators."

I am a moderator, so you can contact me for such help.

Chris, is there another way to publish a list of moderators for the members of the forum?

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I could likely extract a list from the Admin Control Panel, but after a brief look, I see we should stir the remaining mods and admins to bring it up to date. There are people we haven't seen in years.
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I read this post and updated my info
brothers

Post by brothers »

I see the admin team but I don't see Murray and other moderators - if any - listed.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

You have to delve into the depths of the admin control panel, which is only visible to admins.
Pierre-Simon de Laplace