Clarification of PM system please

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
dszpiro

Clarification of PM system please

Post by dszpiro »

Hi,

Can someone please explain how this board's software handles PM's? It seems to me that PM I compose sit in my "Outbox" for some time before being sent. I believe this is the case even when the addressee is on-line.

Does the software wait and handle all PM's as a batch at some fixed interval? Is there always a delay in sending PM's so that the sender has a chance to delete it before is actually goes out?

TIA,
Danny
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

The PM will sit in your Outbox until the reader reads it. Once the reader reads the PM, it will move to your Sent box.

Simple as that.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
dszpiro

Post by dszpiro »

Thanks Johnnie!

I guess that means that when I send a note it stays in the Outbox even though it is actually sent but not yet read by the addressee. The note moves to the Sentbox not when it is sent, but when it is read by the addressee. Similarly, any note I receive appears in my Inbox even before I have read it. It also stays in my Inbox after I read it, but only then does the sender see that the note has been sent to me because that note moves from his Outbox to his Sentbox.

Got it. Crystal. :wink: