Soap for a very dry skin

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Soap for a very dry skin

Post by fallingwickets »

It's not really even winter here yet in NJ, and already my skin is starting to split from the dryness. I hate creams and lotions and so if any of you know an extremely good moisturizing soap I would be ultra grateful for the recommendation. I've always used Dove which may be part of the reason my skin is so dry to begin with.

Thanks

Clive
jallen013

Post by jallen013 »

rob suggests oil of olay quench soaps.

check here http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11698
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the link. Seems that Olay Moisturizing Bar for Extra Dry Skin - with Shea Butter is what I need. Now to find a store that sells it....LOL
Rob

Post by Rob »

Wal-Mart has it. Target and K-Mart probably do, too.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

The wal and target are sold out..........did you buy all of it?? Thanks going to check the Kmart
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

If you want to spend a bit more money and lanolin likes you, I would recommend Mitchell's Wool Fat.

There, I've said Wool Fat 4 times today.
Richard
Rob

Post by Rob »

fallingwickets wrote:The wal and target are sold out..........did you buy all of it?? Thanks going to check the Kmart
Heh! The word must be spreading on this soap. I hope you find it soon, it's totally worth it. Don't forget you can try the dollar stores and grocery stores, too.
Bob

Post by Bob »

rustyblade wrote:There, I've said Wool Fat 4 times today.
It may be time for an intervention.
--Bob--
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for all the insights. Finally found it at a Walgreens. Ran right over and bought the few they had left on the shelf. 16 bars for 14 dollars........no complaints. I'll let you know tomorrow how it works for me, that is if I'm not in the ER first for a skin transplant :P
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I think that Olay soap works. I'm not a 100% sure because the non scratching last night could have been helped by a few days worth of benedryl still in the system and a few Beck's washed down with a few Jack Daniels' might have helped too!

Thank again for the referral.

Clive
Rob

Post by Rob »

You're welcome and it was the soap...not the other stuff. ;) It's great to have good-feeling skin in the winter.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Whatever the benefits of Jack Daniels, it doesn't improve your skin. :roll:
shaveC

Post by shaveC »

notthesharpest wrote:Whatever the benefits of Jack Daniels, it doesn't improve your skin. :roll:

Actually it may improve blood flow to the skin, lol.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

shaveC wrote:
notthesharpest wrote:Whatever the benefits of Jack Daniels, it doesn't improve your skin. :roll:

Actually it may improve blood flow to the skin, lol.
In that case, let me do another shot or two

Clive
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

As far as drinks, pour me some Scotch. If I need a good anti-bacterial hand cleanser, I'll come back for the Jack. :shock: 8)
LGWapnitsky

Post by LGWapnitsky »

Have you given any of the Dr. Bronner's soaps a try? I find that the Tea Tree Oil bar leaves my face rather well after a good washing. Must be something about those castille soaps.

I usually get mine at Whole Foods, but some of the groery stores around here are starting to carry it as well.
SimonM

Post by SimonM »

If you can stand the smell, Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap seems quite good for dry skin. I have also had success with decent olive oil soaps (Kiss My Face's are good, cheap, and easily available).
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've never heard of Dr. Bronner before. I'll try to find some of that stuff. Same with Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, never heard of it. Thanks for the suggestions. I would rather have a soap that smells a bit more masculine than Oil of Olay. ;)
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I have to say that the Olay soap is just great and the scent is hardly that bad. Put another way, the GF is still kissing me!

Clive
*Scratch free since 2006!*
Rob

Post by Rob »

fallingwickets wrote:I have to say that the Olay soap is just great and the scent is hardly that bad. Put another way, the GF is still kissing me!

Clive
*Scratch free since 2006!*
Well, you can't ask for more than that!