best chain restaraunts

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

best chain restaraunts

Post by Sam »

first, i hate having to remember how to spell restaraunt.

second, chris brought up the rainforest cafe. this is one chain where the food is good, really good.

the best chain restaraunt: cheesecake factory.

the palms are good as well, as well as shulas

sam
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Re: best chain restaraunts

Post by Chris »

tngentleman1 wrote:first, i hate having to remember how to spell restaraunt.

second, chris brought up the rainforest cafe. this is one chain where the food is good, really good.

the best chain restaraunt: cheesecake factory.

the palms are good as well, as well as shulas

sam
Yeah, I love the Rainforest. Great stuff. My favorite though would most likely be The Outback. Great steaks. Big, cold beers. Good-lookin' waitresses. Great stuff!
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Rainforest was great but unfortunately the one in my area closed.

Cheescake factory--ate there twice, both times the food was awful.

While I prefer private rather than chain restaraunts the ones that come to mind that I like:

Moe's Southwestern Grill(the kids just love it and a great value)

The Olive Garden(6th Ave & 22nd St in NYC --sometimes my lodge brothers meet there for pre-meeting dinner and the food, service and price keeps everyone happy)(also been to the one in Avenura FLA, my mom likes to go there, still no complaints)

For luch I like Subway and/or Quizmo's, and LOVE Cosi.

Other than that, don't like chain pizza places(Dominoes, Pizza Hut) - NY has such great private pizza shops I can never understand why people would go there. I avoid all the burger chains, yuch!!
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Hooters. They have GREAT food there.

j
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Johnnie wrote:Hooters. They have GREAT food there.

j
Johnnie, I thought you only went for the chicken wings. At least thats what I tell the wife. :lol:
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

They have FOOD at Hooters?
I thought the standard order there was "Got Milk"?

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

Ruth's Chris...It's pain in the ass to say, but makes me look forward to trips to the USA...I'm not sure we have them in Canada...
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

ruths chris and benihanas are great to hit in new cities. the palm is a similar chain but it was started, like smith and wollensky, mortons, etc. back in the day when guys wanted steak and a stiff drink. the prices seem to match.

we hit the palm since it is across the street from the nashville arena when we head over there for a concert.

in knoxville, we hit a place called bravo and it was good.

id much prefer a local chef to a chain, cause it tends to be fresher. but there is value in consistency with a chain. however, they tend to be louder and a little bit less willing or able to experiment, like having a freshly made horseradish sauce/mustard to go with prime rib

sam
tigert

Post by tigert »

strip house, palm, smith&wollensky, maggianos

cheesecake factory is pretty good too but the one around here has really bad service and is always too crowded..
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

I enjoy Sweet Tomatoes/Soup Plantation as well as Macaroni Grill. It's hard for me to find healthy meals everywhere and MG serves wheat pasta which is a big plus.
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

I am a big fan of Sullivans steak house....dont eat there as often as id like(why pay $150+ dollars for a meal when I can get a whole lot of wetshave articles for that price) Regardless of its authenticity Olive garden is very and very reasonable. Binihana(however you spell it) is also nice and it keeps my 3yr old entertained.
Sean
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

My wife and I like Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Fishbones, and Carrabbas

Steve
ARenaissanceMan

Also like to throw in Houston's as my high end steak house of choice. Not quite as nouveau riche at Ruth's Chris.
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

clarkkent333 wrote:Also like to throw in Houston's as my high end steak house of choice. Not quite as nouveau riche at Ruth's Chris.
You should really try Sullivans for a high end steak house..........I didnt know eating aged beef was a good thing till I started going there. Well good taste but not good on the wallet.
Sean
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

clarkkent333 wrote:Also like to throw in Houston's as my high end steak house of choice. Not quite as nouveau riche at Ruth's Chris.
Hawaiian Ribeye is great.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Any of my favs has already been listed. Macaroni Grill, Texas Road House, Olive Garden (always consistent, but I only get soup and salad here), The Outback. My kids love Applebees, and I have also found it to be very consistent.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
ARenaissanceMan

gage0921 wrote:
You should really try Sullivans for a high end steak house..........I didnt know eating aged beef was a good thing till I started going there. Well good taste but not good on the wallet.
No Sullivan's in my area. You Olive Garden fans should check out the nutritional value of a bowl of soup. I'm gagging just thinking about it.
tigert

Post by tigert »

Ah weird I didn't know they had Houston's outside of Texas.. I know there is one in Austin but I thought that was the only one outside of Houston. I eat there alot for lunch as its right across from where I work and they have great lunch specials.

Oddly enough Texas Roadhouse is not very popular in Texas.. there is only one in Houston that I know of and its WAY out in the burbs..
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

They have a Houston's in Dallas also. I have only been there like once or twice. Texas Roadhouse is not very popular in Texas like Tigert mention. The only time i have been there the steak I recieved was very tough and overcooked for what I asked for.

The best chains that I like are as follows

Mexican - Pappasitos (May only be in TX, All of the Pappa's Bros. restaurants are great ), Cristina's, La Hacienda Ranch
Italian - Carrabas and not sure if Maggiano's is anywhere but Dallas area.
Steak - Texas Land and Cattle - They have an awesome smoked sirloin.
BBQ - Sonny Bryan's or Rudy's
Justin
Texas
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path