Crabtree and Evelyn Creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mjbjhu

Crabtree and Evelyn Creams

Post by mjbjhu »

I was in the C&E store tonight (picking up my first brush) and took some time to look at their shaving creams. I really loved the smell of the sandlewood but wanted to see what you all thought of it before I bought some.

This will be my first time with a brush and cream if that makes a difference. How does it compare to Proraso (which I tried to buy tonight but Target was out)?

Any input on there products?
timc

Post by timc »

I think the C&E creams are excellent, and I have a tube of the Sandalwood cream myself. I really like the scent and I think it lathers quite nicely. The cost is a bit higher than some other creams, but it is comparable in quality to some of the better creams out there. I don't know if they are still available, but TJ Maxx was clearing out the Sweet Almond Oil cream for under $10 a tub a few months back.

Edit: By the way, C&E does give samples of their products, so you can try before you buy. When I asked for samples I got about half a dozen little containers with some of each, and there was enough for a week's worth of shaves in each!
Last edited by timc on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
mjbjhu

Post by mjbjhu »

I'll have to check out the local TJ max, thanks
mjbjhu

Post by mjbjhu »

awesome tip about the samples. I will be picking some up tomorrow for sure
Steve

Post by Steve »

mjbjhu,

C&E sandalwood is a very nice scent! I use the soap and love the scent! I also use the sweet almond cream, which provides a great lather!

Steve
Ray

Post by Ray »

C&E creams are fantastic I have the Sandalwood which is my favorite, the others are ok but the Almond on the other hand has an horrible scent and no mater how good the cream is I wouldn’t be able to get pass it, luckily all of them shave the same. Luckily I found this out with a sample and didn't have to buy a tube to find this out.
A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. Mark Twain
designwise1

Post by designwise1 »

The Sweet Almond is one of my favorites. Not an "almond extract" scent at all but unique. Great shaves!!!
Gerald Martin
mjbjhu

Post by mjbjhu »

I just stopped by C&E after work and picked up a sample of all of their shave creams (sandelwood, almond, nomad, and sienna). They all smell great though the sandelwood is my fav this far. can't wait to try them out.

FYI the lady in the store told me that they are having a storewide sale next weekend (March 24 and 25) with 20% off everything in the store. She said I could call in the day before and tell them what I wanted and she would hold it for me. Not sure if the sale is nationwide, but it might be good for some people. The store I went to was in the Willow Grove Mall in Willow Grove, PA.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

While I like all the C&E creams from a scent prespective, I must admit that it's the Sweet Almond Oil that I turn to most days. It simply out-performs the others in terms of general moisturizing capabilities. I will sometimes use a dolllop of Sienna or Nomad - but it's Sweet Almond Oil that gets the nod from me.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
JakAHearts

Post by JakAHearts »

Its funny how peoples noses are different. I can not stand the sandalwood scent from C&E. However, I LOVE the sweet almond. Different strokes for different schnoses. Or however ya spell that.

Shane