Bulgarian Rose Shave Creme

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Sue
Vendor

Bulgarian Rose Shave Creme

Post by Sue »

Gentlemen,
Last month, I posted regarding a project I had been working on; a 'hybrid' shave creme. After many revisions and several modifications suggested by my Testers during their trialing of this creme; I have received the green light from them that it is ready for SCS.

The shave creme is 'Bulgarian Rose'. It is made with Pure Rose Hydrosol (Floral Distillate) replacing most of the distilled water; Rosehip Oil and Avocado Butter have been added to the emollient portion of my recipe; and the very subtle fragrance from the Rose Hydrosol is enhanced with pure, certified Bulgarian Rose Absolute.

An Absolute is similar to Essential Oil except for the method of extraction. The fragrance of an Absolute is much more "concentrated and complex". Bulgarian Rose Absolute is quite expensive at approximately $100 per ounce. The high cost is due to the fact that it requires over 30 Roses to produce 1 drop of Absolute.

Due to the much higher cost of the ingredients, the price of this 'Limited Edition' creme is greater than my other shave cremes priced at $20.00 for a 4 ounce jar.

The quantity of this creme in stock is small. Depending on my stock, this S/C may or may not be placed on my website the week of August 19th., at the earliest, when my webmaster returns from vacation.

As with all of the SCS shave cremes, I personally developed this recipe and it is made by my hands in my kitchen. It is not a 're-seller' product. To my knowledge, no other entitiy offers a shave creme with the quality of these ingredients providing a top-shelf quality shave.

If you are interested in purchasing this creme, Payment can be made by choosing the "Send Money" tab in your Paypal account. $20.00 + $3.00 shipping within the United States payable to sue@saintcharlesshave.com - or - for shipment to Canada; $5.00 shipping for a total of $25.00 also payable to sue@saintcharlesshave.com - for other international destinations, please email me for a shipping quote including your address.

Please verify that your 'Ship To' address is up-to-date in your Paypal account 'Profile'.

I am sorry to say I cannot accept other forms of payment. Please; only one per customer.

** NOTE: It is 100F in Missouri, (much higher in metal mailboxes) and thinning will occur in heat. Please allow the Shave Creme to slowly return to normal room temperature to the proper consistancy before opening.

INGREDIENTS: PURE ROSE HYDROSOL (Rose Flower Water Distillate); SODIUM COCO SULFATE (from pure coconut oil); AQUA, (Distilled water); STEARIC ACID (Vegetable source/palm); SODIUM LAURYL SulfoACETATE;AVOCADO BUTTER; ROSE HIP OIL (Ultra Refined); SHEA BUTTER; SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE; GLYCOL STEARATE; TETRASODIUM SALTS; METHYCELLULOSE (Cosmetic grade cellulose); EMULSIFYING WAX (Vegetable based). Fragranced with pure Certified Bulgarian Rose Absolute, no added color.

I sincerely welcome your comments and suggestions as I continue to strive to offer quality products with prompt and personal Customer Service.
Sue
Last edited by Sue on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Gents, I have tried this shave cream and it has become one of my favorites. The scent is subtle and floral. The lather lubricates well and I have no need to apply balms or aftershaves. Give yourself a treat and order it.

Andrew
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

Sounds great. I'll give it a try. PM sent.
--Pat Thayer
Living well is the best revenge.
K-MaN

Post by K-MaN »

The last thing I need to do this month is spend even more money to shave my face, but this stuff sounds absolutely awesome. I am strongly considering this.
Kendall
ZiggyDeath

Post by ZiggyDeath »

rose scented, that alone caught enough attention for me to break out my wallet

in fact i think half of my collection of creams and soaps are rose...
Last edited by ZiggyDeath on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goosemeplease

Post by Goosemeplease »

Sue not to "keep you in the kitchen" but is there a soap in the works?

Thanks,
Jim
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Jim, A Bulgarian Rose soap cake could be...in truth, I hadn't thought of it.
Sue
Goosemeplease

Post by Goosemeplease »

Sue wrote:Jim, A Bulgarian Rose soap cake could be...in truth, I hadn't thought of it.
Sue
LOL Sorry! Well if and when I'm on board for one!
Jim
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

I just ordered mine. Let us know if and when you make a soap.

Thanks Sue.
Regards,
Jani
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I just received mine. I have yet to use it but my first impressions of scent right from the tub are this is very light. If you're expecting a persistent or strong smell of Rose Absolute you won't get it here. Keep in mind that natural fragrances will "morph" a bit depending on the ingredients they are blended with. Also, I don't know the level of Rose Absolute used but my guess is it is fairly minimal. My personal opinion is I would prefer a more "potent" product from the scent perspective at an even higher price point (up to $40).

Chris