Cold Water Shaving

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
scruffy

Cold Water Shaving

Post by scruffy »

I started soaking and rinsing my brush in cold water. I find the cold water much more refreshing on a hot summer day. Warm lather is nice in the wintertime. A cold water shave on a hot summer day is also nice.

I have not noticed that much difference in the shave, or in the consistency of the lather.
Ed
nteeman

Re: Cold Water Shaving

Post by nteeman »

scruffy wrote:I started soaking and rinsing my brush in cold water. I find the cold water much more refreshing on a hot summer day. Warm lather is nice in the wintertime. A cold water shave on a hot summer day is also nice.

I have not noticed that much difference in the shave, or in the consistency of the lather.
Tried it, didn't like it. I'll keep mine warm, thanks.
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

rdb4198

Post by rdb4198 »

Cold water tightens up my face too quickly. Warm water and lather is great, I'll stick with that.
Rob
Brett G
Viscount Krona

Post by Brett G »

IMO, cold lather is the scourge of humanity. I could be shaving on the sun and still want it warm, but that's just me. Different strokes and all.
Brett
drumana

Post by drumana »

I have a friend who swears by cold water shaving, but I don't think he makes his own lather.

I prefer warm lather year round, but an ice-cold water rinse afterwards is the most refreshing thing ever.
-Andrew-
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

scruffy wrote:I started soaking and rinsing my brush in cold water. I find the cold water much more refreshing on a hot summer day. Warm lather is nice in the wintertime. A cold water shave on a hot summer day is also nice.

Cold Water!!!!! :shock:

I think I'm speechless... (Hard to believe I know) :shock:
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Racso_MS wrote:
I think I'm speechless... (Hard to believe I know) :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Shaving with cold water would be far too uncomfortable for me. It feels nice to have plenty of hot water with warm lather and a warm razor.

No thanks. 8)
jlmwrite

Post by jlmwrite »

Crank up the air conditioning if you must, but warm lather is the only way to go!
"What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H** no!" -- Animal House, 1978
Mickey_85

Post by Mickey_85 »

No way i could tolerate that. I use the Moss Scuttle every shave without fail and winse my face between passes with hot water. Even a cold razor feels uncomfortable agaisnt my face whilst shaving. But each to their own. They say hot water softens hairs moreso then cold water, but i don't know if thats 100%.
manifesto

Post by manifesto »

Mickey_85 wrote:...I use the Moss Scuttle every shave without fail and winse my face between passes with hot water...
Mickey, did you mean to say that you "wince between passes" :lol:
Thanks,
Kevin
Rlayten

Post by Rlayten »

Be vewey vewey quiet......I'm hunting Wabbits.......
Love the injector. Love the shaves.
--
Robert