Is qedusa.com a reputable site?

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

Funny, I'm quite the opposite. I never order off the QED website, I just email my list of wants, Charles responds promptly with confirmation or query if something is out of stock and that's it.... well, except for sitting by the door waiting for the mailman. :lol:

For those of you in Canada, I seem to get (so far) the fastest service from Charles (Rhode Island) over any other state in the US... usually 4 - 5 business days running plain old air mail. New York area dealers are a close second... Apparently California and Florida exist in some sort of black hole...... usual time frame from those states is closer to 3 weeks.

Regards

Christian
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

kaptain_zero wrote:Funny, I'm quite the opposite. I never order off the QED website, I just email my list of wants, Charles responds promptly with confirmation or query if something is out of stock and that's it.... well, except for sitting by the door waiting for the mailman. :lol:
Keeping in mind, of course, that open text email is not a very kind way to treat your credit card. That's my reason for avoiding non-secure shopping methods.
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

My CC information went to Charles via secure means... I requested and trust him to keep that info secure just as much as I trust myself and with future orders I have authorized him to simply bill to the same card as the previous order.

Speaking of keeping such things as CC numbers secure, if you've ever handed your CC to a waiter at a restaurant or a similar situation and they take it to their station/register to do the paperwork, do you really know who's seen your card and what they may have done with that information? There's been several compromised automated tellers, including our fair city where thieves managed to install not only a second hidden magnetic pickup to steal the bank card info but also installed a small video camera to catch the individual punching in their pin number.... nope, you are never secure..... How many people only give their CC info in a direct phone call.... only they are using a cordless phone.... or there's a baby monitor within earshot of the phone.... nope, there far easier ways of getting financial info than trying to intercept email... not that it can't be done.

Regards

Christian
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Obviously, there are plenty of ways for credit card information to be stolen. You don't need to do much more than shop at TJ Maxx, apparently.
judge

Post by judge »

Charles is very well thought of and very reputable. There is a huge group of shavers who all vouch for him, his products, his care in shipping etc
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

lightning fast shipping. the fastest i have ever received a package of shaving goods was from Charles. period. everything carefully packed and neatly ordered.
great service!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Christian, Yes, Florida does, indeed, "exist in some sort of black hole..", in more ways then one. Spot on with that one ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth as well. Charles is A#1!!!

One can't go wrong with Charles.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
gai-jin

Post by gai-jin »

Well, I'm sure I'll get the product and be happy with it in the long run, but so far, my experience with this dealer is still less than what I would hope.

I placed an order from the web site over the weekend. Here are the concerns I've run into so far:
• The appropriate shipping charge will be added during the checkout process. Shipping charges are based on the weight of your order and your location, with the minimum charge being $5.99.
The shopping card seems to apply a default shipping value of $6.95, not the quoted minimum of $5.99
Since we ship exclusive by UPS a street address is REQUIRED for shipping.
My order is being shipped via USPS for some reason. I'm sure to most people it wouldn't make much difference, but it is easier for me to get a package from UPS than USPS.

I can understand a poor quality website, but these issues aren't about quality, they are just plain wrong. I would much rather see shipping quoted simply as 'variable', and no listing of which carrier he ships through, than see false information. Advertising one thing and then doing another isn't considered good business in my book.
prism

Post by prism »

Send Charles an Email stating your concerns. Charles is truly a class act; he will address your concerns and fill your order to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. If you want, pick up the phone; he has always returned my calls! I've had nothing but good experiences with him! :D
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
gai-jin

Post by gai-jin »

I did, and essentially his response was that the web site sucks, and he plans to redo it, but doesn't know when he'll get around to it.

And there's really not anything that he needs to 'fix' with my order... it did show in the checkout screen the higher shipping rate, and I still ordered, so not a problem there. While USPS is harder for me to get than UPS, it's going to get here in about the same time either way, so not a big deal there, and not something for him to 'fix'. The only/best way to 'address my concern' would be to fix the incorrect information on the website. As it seems people have already offered to fix his site in exchange for trade, I gather it's not really a priority for him. :(

He did ship on the 2nd business day after I ordered, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the product after I get it. It's just a bit disappointing that the web site is not only bad, but advertising the charges and services incorrectly.
BarryR

Post by BarryR »

gai-jin wrote:I did, and essentially his response was that the web site sucks, and he plans to redo it, but doesn't know when he'll get around to it.
I understand your concerns and would probably be annoyed by this as well, but I must say, I had a similar exchange (email) with Charles about his website a while back and found his frank description of his website ("it sucks") kind of endearing.

Nevertheless, I do think he oughta fix his website and am less likely to order from him because of the inconvenience.
Last edited by BarryR on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

gai-jin wrote:I did, and essentially his response was that the web site sucks, and he plans to redo it, but doesn't know when he'll get around to it.

And there's really not anything that he needs to 'fix' with my order... it did show in the checkout screen the higher shipping rate, and I still ordered, so not a problem there. While USPS is harder for me to get than UPS, it's going to get here in about the same time either way, so not a big deal there, and not something for him to 'fix'. The only/best way to 'address my concern' would be to fix the incorrect information on the website. As it seems people have already offered to fix his site in exchange for trade, I gather it's not really a priority for him. :(

He did ship on the 2nd business day after I ordered, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the product after I get it. It's just a bit disappointing that the web site is not only bad, but advertising the charges and services incorrectly.
For me it's the other way around. It's easier for me to receive items via USPS than UPS. :lol: I did actually ask Charles once a while back (last year?) whether he'd be willing to ship using a different carrier than UPS and he said he would. He got back to me with a quote of the charge (i think it was USPS) and it was a bit higher than UPS. I hate UPS because it always travels by ground from RI and it takes 5-7 days for me to receive it in TX.

Maybe you might ask him about shipping to you via UPS rather than USPS? I think the everyone agrees that his website sucks but his service is great. I did place an order with him recently (yesterday) and he did email me and tell me shipping would be $6.95 before I placed my order.
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
drfred

Post by drfred »

I really hate to see Charles taking flak over his website shortcomings when the all it takes is a phone call or email to clarify any problem that might arise. One won't deal with a nicer, more accomodating dealer than Charles, plus his soap is to die for. So give the guy a break, you are dealing with HIM, not his website. Just my opinion.

Fred
prism

Post by prism »

Fred, I could'nt agree with you more!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

I believe I made the very same comment on a post in this thread...

If you have a problem... CALL HIM.

He will resolve the issue immediately...
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
gai-jin

Post by gai-jin »

drfred wrote:I really hate to see Charles taking flak over his website shortcomings when the all it takes is a phone call or email to clarify any problem that might arise. One won't deal with a nicer, more accomodating dealer than Charles, plus his soap is to die for. So give the guy a break, you are dealing with HIM, not his website. Just my opinion.

Fred
I have to disagree. I ordered from qedusa.com , not from some guy named Charles. I found my experience with the company disappointing, as they falsely advertise the carrier used for shipping the order, as well as the cost of shipping. If you were dealing with any other company, would you not expect them to follow through with their adveritisement?
gai-jin

Post by gai-jin »

Racso_MS wrote:I believe I made the very same comment on a post in this thread...

If you have a problem... CALL HIM.

He will resolve the issue immediately...

Like I said, I'm sure I'll get the product, with a reasonable turn around time, and at a reasonable price. There's nothing to fix there, but the problems with the website and false advertising bring the whole experience down from what might have been a 4-5 star experience to a 2-3.

I don't want a refund of the $.96 difference in shipping charges, and the package has already been shipped via the wrong carrier, so there is nothing he can do to 'fix' my order. What he could do to address my concern is correct the web site to advertise what he actually offers/charges.

I already emailed him to advise of my concern. Unfortunately, he acknowledged that he's already aware his site sucks, and he'll get around to fixing it someday.
prism

Post by prism »

False advertising is a deliberate act, and you should take care to avoid making accusations of this sort. This may not have been your intent, but intent is difficult to discern in the written word. Charles did not deliberately mislead, deceive or lie to you.
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

prism wrote:False advertising is a deliberate act, and you should take care to avoid making accusations of this sort. This may not have been your intent, but intent is difficult to discern in the written word. Charles did not deliberately mislead, deceive or lie to you.
I have to agree. Like I stated above he did inform me of the shipping charge prior to placing my own order. Additionally, the OP did also mention that in the order page the higher shipping charge was disclosed at which time he had the opportunity not to proceed with the order.

As an aside, I got my shipping confirmation from him today and it's coming USPS to me so hopefully I'll have my order by the end of the week, Saturday at the latest! :lol: :lol:
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway