Mint Sticky for a Mint/New Nintendo Wii

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Mint Sticky for a Mint/New Nintendo Wii

Post by rustyblade »

Probably a long shot, but...up for trade is my last and very mint Wilkinson Sword Razor. I'm a dedicated straight razor shaver now and a lousy collector, so...I want to trade it for a new or like new Nintendo Wii that comes with all the basics, Wii Sports, console, sensor bar, controller, etc.

If you are a member unknown to me or under several hundred posts I'll have to receive the Wii first, you understand. Please don't be offended. Me? I've been here forever, part of the fixtures and fittings, so I can guarantee you will get the razor. BTW, it isn't Christmas without a Wilkinson Sword Razor under the tree.

BTW, what looks like a crack on the second and third picture is a cat hair, nothing to worry about.

Richard
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Richard, I offer a rarely used Atari with Pacman for your sticky. I can also offer the original Pong. :lol:
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Austin wrote:Richard, I offer a rarely used Atari with Pacman for your sticky. I can also offer the original Pong. :lol:
Believe it or not there is a market for old consoles and they can be worth quite a bit if in good condition. Some people collect the strangest things....
Richard
Eastree

Post by Eastree »

Agreed. I just about wet myself when i found out my mother threw away her original home Pong console when I was a kid.

A bit more on topic: It's a beautiful razor. It makes me wish I had a Wii to give, but also I'd be too intimidated to shave with art D:
Ernest
gugi

Post by gugi »

well, you know, those games they don't make them the same anymore...

when i tried the wii in bestbuy i sucked so bad i had to pull my cap and make sure nobody recognizes me...
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

BTW, what looks like a crack on the second and third picture is a cat hair, nothing to worry about.
A Wilkinson Sword Sticky?? Ain't nuthin' too good for Rusty's cat eh?!
Most of us just use Bic disposables to shave our cats.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
Sando

Post by Sando »

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Makes me wish I knew what a Wii is, let alone had one to trade.
Ray
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Bumpity bump bump....Wii?
Richard
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Sando wrote:Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Makes me wish I knew what a Wii is, let alone had one to trade.
Ray
Its a video game system in heavy demand this season.

--Mark
jlmwrite

Post by jlmwrite »

Heavy demand? That's a bit of an understatement.

My teen sons would love to have one. My wife is very patient, and as a professional designer probably also qualifies as a professional shopper. She decided a Wii might get our little couch potatoes at least moving something other than their calloused thumbs.

Her two closest encounters for a Wii were (1) an Ebay listing for $250 OVER list price, and (2) someone who knows a manager at Best Buy. Said manager was willing to accept a $50 bribe to call her to let her know when the next shipment was due in. Not to hold one, mind you; to hold one was a cool 2 bills.

Did I mention that all this was several weeks before Thanksgiving?

Sorry for the diatribe, but c'mon! Betcha Costco will have 'em in stock come mid to late January -- at list price.

Oh, and the Wilkinson is absolutely beautiful...
"What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H** no!" -- Animal House, 1978
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Wii? Wii? Anyone?

Sure, the Wii is in short supply, but the Sticky is in even shorter supply!

Just think of the kiddies' faces when they unwrap the Wilkinson Sword Razor instead of a Wii on Christmas day! It'll be a moment they'll never forget!
Richard
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I have a Colecovision if you're interested. I'll throw in all the games for free.

Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Sando

Post by Sando »

Richard
Are you sure you're feeling OK? Too much eggnog? :(

I had no idea until now what a Wii was but a Wilkinson... that's another thing altogether. The Wii will be out of date in 18 months guaranteed. The Sticky will NEVER go out of style - guaranteed. And you will be able to use it forever and so on...

If you insist on giving it up I'll volunteer to hold it until you come to your senses. :P
Ray
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

jlmwrite wrote:(2) someone who knows a manager at Best Buy. Said manager was willing to accept a $50 bribe to call her to let her know when the next shipment was due in. Not to hold one, mind you; to hold one was a cool 2 bills.
As someone who worked for Best Buy for four years and didn't make it to management level, I am disappointed in this "managers" business ethics. I would never accept or expect money from someone for doing them a favor like this. It's because of people that do business like this that made me super thankful for finally getting out of retail.
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Johnnie wrote:I have a Colecovision if you're interested. I'll throw in all the games for free.

No way Johnnie!
I haven't seen one of those in ages. Can't tell you how many hours I wasted playing Wizards of war. I also used to have an Oddessy (K.C. Munchkin, Pickaxe Pete, Robot wars) Some of the best video game graphics ever... no, that's a lie. :lol:
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I actually don't have one but I used to. I think I had Frogger, some spaceship shooting game and Donkey Kong.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Johnnie wrote:I actually don't have one but I used to. I think I had Frogger, some spaceship shooting game and Donkey Kong.
And there I was, ready to shoot of a PM for a possible trade. :P
Richard
Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Got a great Atari 7800 I still use-- not that 2600 garbage, mind, with the graphics that look like Lego bricks. But the genius of the 7800 is that it also plays those 2600 games. Now that's cool! It's got Joust, Xevius, all sorts of arcade games from the 80s. I guess my love of arcade games just dried up circa 1985...
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Sando wrote:Richard
Are you sure you're feeling OK? Too much eggnog? :(

I had no idea until now what a Wii was but a Wilkinson... that's another thing altogether. The Wii will be out of date in 18 months guaranteed. The Sticky will NEVER go out of style - guaranteed. And you will be able to use it forever and so on...

If you insist on giving it up I'll volunteer to hold it until you come to your senses. :P
Ray
I'm of the mind that I get more value out of things I can use in the here and now. As mentioned above, I'm a lousy collector and I don't use this razor anymore.
Richard
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I think this thread has officially been hijacked. :roll:
Johnnie
Keep it Wet