" What Is Best Menthol A/S Balm "

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
rgarr

" What Is Best Menthol A/S Balm "

Post by rgarr »

I'm looking for ' The Best ' or ' Most Powerful ' menthol A/S Balms only out there that can be purchased in the U.S. at stores or on line.

It needs to be light...not something that forms a sticky residue on your face after you put it on... when you squeeze it into your hand it should be light and of a thin consistency...not a thick glob that goes on thick where you feel you have a mask on your face and you should only need a small amount about the size of a dime.

Also, I want a lasting cooling and moisturizing effect versus a drying effect. The more cooling and lasting effect the better. The smell would be masculine along the lines of Musgo Real A/S Splash or Proraso A/S Splash.

I'm looking to add to my collection and I appreciate any and all your suggestions. I currently use the following:

Tryphon Mentolo A/S Balm-My favorite so far...very cooling...dries fast...absorbs well...but doesn't moisture as well as I'd like.

Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba-Good in all above respects but could be more cooling.

Nivea Energy After Shave Cooling Balm-Good but a little too thick
Nancy Boy Cooling A/s Gel-Too thick for my taste

Aqua Velva Ice Balm-Good thin cosistency but lacks cooling as the name implies.

These are the ones that I have been using and maybe I'm just too particular?

I really want them to be light and fast absorbing. So many Balms, as you all know are heavy and leave a sticky residue on your face and don't ever seem to absorb. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. :idea:
-Always Keep A Smile On Your Face-
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

For an obscure possibility, how about Alt-Innsbruck?
rgarr

Post by rgarr »

notthesharpest wrote:For an obscure possibility, how about Alt-Innsbruck?
Hi notthesharpest,

I'll try some...thanks!
dada

Post by dada »

I didn't know AI has a balm version :)

The strongest menthol kick I hear comes from Osage rub, but it's not a balm. The good news is that you can probably sample it at Sally BS

Cheers
Ivo
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

No, Alt-Innsbruck is not a balm. Am I missing the point? Sorry.
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

I love the Anthonly Logistics for Men Shave Balm - it's got a great great scent and is not at all greasy.
I love Mentolo too! Find it okay for moisturizing.
For the best results take a little bit of Osage Rub and mix it in your hand with an unscented balm that you like and you've got what you're looking for.
rgarr

Post by rgarr »

billyboy wrote:I love the Anthonly Logistics for Men Shave Balm - it's got a great great scent and is not at all greasy.
I love Mentolo too! Find it okay for moisturizing.
For the best results take a little bit of Osage Rub and mix it in your hand with an unscented balm that you like and you've got what you're looking for.
Thanks Guys!
Bertie Wooster

Post by Bertie Wooster »

Bath and Body Works carries the C.O. Bigelow line and they have one called Dr. Galen After-Shave Lotion that is very strong. Mostly just eucalyptus oil and grape seed extract. It's great to put on a hand towel and just breath in if you have a cold. It's like liquid Vicks Vaporub.
Some people are raised and others are just jerked up.
collinarose

Post by collinarose »

Hydrolast Peppermint A/S Conditioner
www.enchanteonline.com
-Collin
alabamalawyer

Post by alabamalawyer »

Another option is Baxter of California's ASB. It has menthol -- not nearly as much as some of the alcohol based splashes but it gives a nice, cooling effect after the shave.
Chris
never2close

Post by never2close »

Mama Bear's Lime Ice has it all. You can find it at: http://www.bear-haven.com/Aftershave.html
sebell

Post by sebell »

You could always use Proraso Pre/Post cream. A
very small amount on a slightly damp face works
absolutely wonderfully.

- Scott
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

Baxter has a nice kick to it but the scent is more of a zest citrus nature. Still, a nice subtle cooling feeling. Just enough, but not overpowering. It's very refreshing in the summer months, but I find despite the light/fluid texture it leaves my skin shiny.
AlbertAnthrax

Post by AlbertAnthrax »

The Body shop has a product "Razor Relief" I think... and it is very moisturizing with a menthol touch. I have been very happy with their nicely priced products
Paul