Scrubby, medium size, Face lathering soap brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
doleeo

Post by doleeo »

MOSES wrote:I think a Rooney small Finest would be ideal, but that's too expensive
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Maybe in a few years when I make more than minimum wage :D
-Ethan
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

doleeo, Randy has a Duke #2 in Pure and likes it well enough. But I understood you to say that you wanted firm but not 'scritchy'? If you get a Duke #3, get it in Best. It's an excellent all around top quality shave brush; I doubt that you'd be disappointed......and if, against the odds, you were, then it would be easy to sell for most of what you paid.
Regards,
Gordon
Pen-in-Hand

Re: Scrubby, medium size, Face lathering soap brush

Post by Pen-in-Hand »

Pen-in-Hand wrote:
yomuppet wrote: Rooney Style 3 Small (22mm) Silvertip ($65) or Super ($75). If you like a slightly fatter/shorter handle, Style 1 instead. The tips are quite soft on these, with good backbone and excellent density.
Regards.
J
+1
This is one of the jack-of-all-trade brushes, good on the face, in the bowl, soaps, creams. In Super, will be soft on the face.
The Chubby and the Duke, IMHO, are for soaps lathering on the face. Awesone for that, but are they worth the money? Each to his taste.
Perhaps the Rooney Style 1,1 or 3,1 in Pure Badger. These brushes run only about $55 and will be stiffer than the Super, and I suspect scitchier. They'll give you a firmer experience than Super or Finest. And quite a value for a Rooney. I don't know who carries Simpson in Pure, though several Simpson brushes are made with it.

Regards,

Jay
Jay

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
doleeo

Post by doleeo »

bernards66 wrote:But I understood you to say that you wanted firm but not 'scritchy'? If you get a Duke #3, get it in Best.
The only reason I'd get it in pure is price.

I think I might have made up my mind with the Rooney 3/1 in super in horn. I realy like the hair on my SMF III which I think is super so it should be great in a denser/smaller brush.
-Ethan
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Should work. Yeah, the SMF III was done in Super.
Regards,
Gordon
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Doleeo,
I think you made and excellent choice.In my book the Rooney Super 3,1 is the best bang for the buck going.It's the only brush I have that I use for face lathering.
Bob