Emillion

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Pen-in-Hand

Emillion

Post by Pen-in-Hand »

Just received an Emillion from Vintage Blades and I must say it's the most luxurious brush I've used. The handle fits easily in the hand and the softness and density make a perfect shaving experience. I have an Alibaba medium which is fantastic, but I think this is the quintessential Heritage model, and am delighted to have gotten it.

Best regards,

Jay
Jay

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
AFG

Post by AFG »

I've yet to see anyone not like this brush. It is very soft and extremely dense and also feel its the most luxurious brush I have ever used. I almost bought a large size Alibaba this week but at the last minute ended up ordering the 2/1 with the horn handle instead. I would bet I'll end up with the Alibaba at some point though.
Al
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I am envious. I hope that Rooney adds a larger beehive model, say a 24 to 26mm knot that is equal to the Emilion knot, and a handle commensurate with the knot, and I would get it.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I think this brush may be over-rated but I may have to examine one for myself so I can hate it further.
Richard
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Richard, Yes, it is difficult to be curmudgeonly with conviction and credibility when everyone knows that you've never seen one of these brushes. You may have to address this weak point in order to maintain your status as official 'SMF Curmudgeon'.
Regards,
Gordon
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Richard, you are most definitely the official SMF Curmudgeon. In fact, I want to see your title changed to reflect this important fact.

At first, the Emillion really didn't appeal to me. I didn't appreciate the shape or the material used in making the handles. Last weekend I handled a Trumper branded Emillion and I was very impressed. It was far more handsome in the flesh (IMO), and the handle was certainly comfortable. Now I just need Robert at TGS to get some more stock in...
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Sounds like the kind of brush that would be the only one you would ever need. Heh.
Richard
Pen-in-Hand

Post by Pen-in-Hand »

rustyblade wrote:Sounds like the kind of brush that would be the only one you would ever need. Heh.
It is. And so are all the others.

Best,

Jay
Jay

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
John 5

Post by John 5 »

rustyblade wrote:I think this brush may be over-rated but I may have to examine one for myself so I can hate it further.
The brush you champion, the T2, is merely a bastard child of an Emillion and a Simpson Milk Churn. Hate all you want - the Emillion is pure brush, the T2 a bastard.

And I'm with Gareth - your title under the duck needs to be updated. You are without peer as the official SMF Curmudgeon. 'Shaving Paparazzo' needs to be updated to 'Shaving Curmudgeon', 'SMF Curmudgeon', or the like.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

John 5 wrote:
rustyblade wrote:I think this brush may be over-rated but I may have to examine one for myself so I can hate it further.
The brush you champion, the T2, is merely a bastard child of an Emillion and a Simpson Milk Churn. Hate all you want - the Emillion is pure brush, the T2 a bastard.

And I'm with Gareth - your title under the duck needs to be updated. You are without peer as the official SMF Curmudgeon. 'Shaving Paparazzo' needs to be updated to 'Shaving Curmudgeon', 'SMF Curmudgeon', or the like.
One cannot request a title or title change, they are gifted from above.
Richard