Bic Metals Discontinued

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Bic Metals Discontinued

Post by tonyespo »

I would like to bring to your attention that the Bic Metal razor has been discontinued. It was brought to my attention by RobD who lives in Canada and can't get the razors there. My Walmart still stocks them. Rob called Bic and they told him they were discontinued. I told Rob I would get him some and send them to him in Canada. I called Bic also and they told me the same thing. The Bic Metal is discontinued production. I went this morning and bought the last 11 packs of 10 razors my Walmart had. I paid $2.45 tax included per pack. If you have shaved with the Bic Metal you know that it gives a great shave for a disposable razor. You may want to check your Walmart and get them while they are still available.

Tony Espo
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

ACK! Looks like I'll have to run to my local Walgreen's tomorrow morning and stock-up. I can't find these razors anywhere but at Walgreen's. I've just started using this razor and find it to be a wonderful tool for shaving my upper lip and a fine overall razor.

Thanks for the headsup Tony.

Patrick
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Tony, Yeah, actually this has come up before, Bic's been saying for some time that the Metals are discontinued, and maybe they are. There are still some online sources for them, for the time being anyway ( they haven't been sold here in Tampa for a couple of years now, anyway ). While it's a much less zippy 'feeling' razor, I've found that their 'for Sensitive Skin' actually seems to shave almost as well. Didn't think that it would, I was surprised.
Regards,
Gordon
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Thanks Gordon, Now I have ONE MORE razor to buy and try out :lol:
I'll check out the Sensitive Skin razor when I visit Walmart again. For now I am sitting on a stash of 100 Bic Metals. Who knows maybe in 10 years they will be worth BIG BUCKS on Ebay. Look what happened to the 2 buck Schick injector. Hey, there an idea. I'll tell SWMBO they are my retirement fund. I'm investing in Bic Metals. Can't do much worse than my 401K plan. :(

Have a great day,
Tony Espo
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.