Old Shaving Ads

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Straight Arrow

Old Shaving Ads

Post by Straight Arrow »

I love the ads from yesteryear. I recently stumbled upon a webpage with links to many shaving-related ads like the one below. Here is a link to the page: http://graphic-design.tjs-labs.com/tabl ... atch=EXACT

Enjoy!

Rich
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Nice link, I love the old time ads.

Thanks,
Good shaving,

Gary
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the link.

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Marsom

Post by Marsom »

It's kind of funny how viewpoints change regarding style. I take it that in those days, it was seen as unattractive to have a scruffy face or five o'clock shadow, but these days, it's very common for women to find it desirable.

Best,
Marion
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

My favourites are still the Burma Shave ads that were posted along the roadsides. Growing up on the Canadian side of the US border near Buffalo, I spent many a vacation day as a little boy, driving along two-lane roads to our campgrounds fascinated by the funny lines that would come out on the last sign in a series.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

thanks so much for sharing that link. i must have spent a hour plus checking them out

later on i will post a picture of something i have thats from one of the ads
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

heres on the the ads and i have that razor. it was my grandfathers and he never used it. when i needed to start shaving my father got it from him to me. it didnt shave me well kinda pulled my fuzz so shortly after my father bought me a norelco. this razor still works

marc
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

heres is one of my rolls with a rolls ad from the link
i do shave with my rolls from time to time

marc
Aditya77

Re: Old Shaving Ads

Post by Aditya77 »

Old shaving ads are a fascinating glimpse into the past, showcasing vintage marketing techniques and societal norms. They reflect the era's aesthetics, humor, and gender roles, often emphasizing masculinity and sophistication. These ads evoke nostalgia, reminding us of simpler times and the evolution of personal care products. revanced
brothers

Post by brothers »

Welcome to SMF Aditya77! I enjoyed reading your remarks. Because of my age, I understand the advertisements that I see, not because I might become a customer, but because I am the product of generations gone by. The modern motivations are clearly not identical to those of the old advertising. Society has changed and is still changing dramatically. and today's advertising sends certain messages that would have met with outrage from yesteryear's generations. Or on the other hand, advertisement from the past would meet with disdain from today's society. Good or bad, here we are!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome, Aditya77!

Glad to have you join us.

- Murray