Getting Married..Finally

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
doleeo

Post by doleeo »

Congratulations Serg!

Now it's time to start thinking about that wedding day shave... :D
-Ethan
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

Thank you all who have reasured me that small weddings are sometimes more fun and intimate. We know we are going to get a backlash from family, but I rarely care what other people think of me, I'm more concerend about her as we live closer to her relatives. But it is our weddings and that is all that matters.
As for the wedding day shave, SWMBO has asked I refrain from shaving with a str8 "too much" and when I do to be careful; a couple of weeks ago I gave myself the worst cut- about 1 inch long under my right eye...it is very very noticable. Goes great with a scar I have on the jawline on the same side of the face :oops: (Funny I've allowed those things to happen having using them for almost a year) Anyway the shave will probably be a DE to be determined, DR Harris lavender soap, Sues Lavender a/s splash (the color theme is purple so I figure lavender would be appropriate, scent should also calm down wedding day jitters), and light skin food...who says I obsess about my shaves :D

Serg
bavi

Post by bavi »

Congrats to both of you Pachucho!

Salud Sergio
Hello
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hey Sergio, All the best to you both!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

Today's the big day, just spent the evening setting up the hall ( I know things changed and the budget more than trippled) after the run through. Fiancee's at mom's house. Wish me luck boys! :D

Serg
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

PACHUCO wrote:Today's the big day, just spent the evening setting up the hall ( I know things changed and the budget more than trippled) after the run through. Fiancee's at mom's house. Wish me luck boys! :D

Serg
Good luck Serg - be kind to each other, today and beyond.

Things change, the budget goes up... yup. People (more women than men, I guess) can have very strong ideas about how weddings "should" go. Sometimes they only find out they have those strong ideas when they're part-way through the planning, and they realize that what they're supposedly planning isn't matching up with the script that's in their mind. So... the world gets rearranged a bit. :D

(You don't have to tell anybody that your Schmiß is self-inflicted.) :wink:
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Hi Serg

Have a grand wedding and good luck?? (you know you are going to be kissed tonight, how much more luck do you need??? HAHAHA)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

All the best Serg, we have moments in our lives and I hope this is a good one for you both.
Regards,
Squire
Paddywhacked

Post by Paddywhacked »

Congrats Serg! It'll go great!
Eric
soapbuddy

Post by soapbuddy »

Congrats and all the best!
Irena
Handmade Soap Artisan
http:www.gingersgarden.com
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

notthesharpest wrote:(You don't have to tell anybody that your Schmiß is self-inflicted.) :wink:
According to babelfish.altavista.com, the translation of "Schmiß" is "Schmiß."
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Congratulations, Serg! Have a great time and remember this for the rest of your lives!
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
liam34

Post by liam34 »

Congrats! My best wishes are with you.
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Congratulations!
Regards,
Mike
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Congratulations and my condolences to the bride.. :D

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Pauldog wrote:
notthesharpest wrote:(You don't have to tell anybody that your Schmiß is self-inflicted.) :wink:
According to babelfish.altavista.com, the translation of "Schmiß" is "Schmiß."
Sorry I stopped paying attention. A Schmiß is a facial scar from a sword duel. There was apparently an odd sort of tradition around that in Germany. I don't have a Schmiß, nor do I have an elderly German relative to ask about the subject.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

How is "Schmiß" pronounced? I keep seeing "Schmeeb", and hearing it in my mind in the Road Runner's voice... its rather disconcerting....
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

The funny thing is a double s.
It's pronounced like Shh! You'll miss!

without the word You'll in between. :)