Murder on the Orient Express

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Murder on the Orient Express

Post by KAV »

I watched David Suchet's reprise role last night. I enjoyed this version's emotion vs the former set piece. I like both, like versions of Vivaldi's Four Seasons each brings something different.
Mr Suchet also shared a delightfull modern trip on the Exress. If travel was slower (even by Express standards of the time) and amenities like showers or inflight movies balanced by Lalique glass; it was certainly measured as Poirrot's dress.
I want to ride the Express. I can pass on a moustache wax heater.
MrSmooth

Post by MrSmooth »

It was definitely the best adaptation yet. Suchet does a much better job of giving Poirot humanity.

It would be wonderful to travel on the Express.
John
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

I've never seen any version of this, but I plan to do so this week thanks to the good people at PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/poirot/watch.html

Serg
DEF

Post by DEF »

I didn't see the screenplay, but I did catch the documentary. The videography was outstanding, and Suchet was a great host -- clearly enjoying himself and genuinely interested in his subject.

I'm going to coat my house in 10 layers of lacquer and put gold piping on all the windows.
Doug
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Gotta get the PVR set up for this one -- we have access to a couple of PBS stations -- hopefully one is playing it between now and the end of the month..... Love David Suchet in the role -- he does the little grey cells justice, he does.

Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Yes, yes, Suchet is excellent and all that, and normally I would prefer his acting style . . . but I find Albert Finney's cartoonish version more watchable. Go figure. Maybe it's the hair pommade thing.

(I don't wish for this to turn into another Brett vs. Rathbone/Holmes thing. My bad.)
Ron
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

I realy enjoyed Suchet's performance, as well as the overall production. Last Poirot I saw was performed by Peter Ustinov (if I recall correctly) and rather turned me off on the character. This production had an effective dark, menacing quality about it. I particularly enjoying the conclusion.

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...