WTB: Cobra Classic

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Blue As A Jewel

WTB: Cobra Classic

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

My quest for a Medium Style 1 Rooney Finest went so well, I thought I'd punt another one out to the ol' universe... A Cobra Classic razor...

Wouldn't it be fun if I actually got both a Cobra Classic and the Rooney?! <- Subliminal message to the universe...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Good luck, Ravi. May the Force be with you.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

I had a hard time getting a used one. I PM'd everybody I could find on the other site that I could see that commented on having one with no luck. This was after my WTB post sat for a looooong time. I ended up getting a new one. I wish you better luck!
~Scott
SirWhiskers

Post by SirWhiskers »

Can't even get a new one now. They have been out of stock for a while.
Have a great shave!
My (anything but) Zen Den
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Stop talking about it!! If this keps up then I'm going to want one too.

-Tye
Blue As A Jewel

This is what the universe sends me in reply... You guys are absolutely no help at all!
- Ravi -

siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

The universe is vast, but cold, dark, and airless. :)

They will get them back in stock shortly, I'm sure. There are always cycles where there is a run on them because people like us start babbling, they run out, then they have more made. But if you want a used one, you will need patience and probably need to visit other selling and trading sites also, which I'm sure you are.

Tye, you ARE visiting a selling and trading forum. Have some self control, like Ravi and me.. :twisted: :lol:
~Scott
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

There was a time here when I bought just about everything. I was a big purveyor of the goods offered by Fisher & Co. I have pretty much all that makes my shaves excellent, but sometimes something like this Cobra sneaks in under the radar.

-Tye
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

A questionish comment (or a commentish question) peripheral to this thread, but maybe the right crowd is watching... Classic Shaving's site seems very insistent that only Pro blades (NOT Pro Super or any others) are to be used with this razor. I have not bought a Cobra, for that reason.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Janus
Blue As A Jewel

Who knew the universe was centred in Finland? Thanks Janus!
- Ravi -

Janus

Post by Janus »

Where else? :lol: And you're welcome!
Janus
SirWhiskers

Post by SirWhiskers »

Looks like it's even cheaper than getting it from CS.
Have a great shave!
My (anything but) Zen Den
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

notthesharpest wrote:A questionish comment (or a commentish question) peripheral to this thread, but maybe the right crowd is watching... Classic Shaving's site seems very insistent that only Pro blades (NOT Pro Super or any others) are to be used with this razor. I have not bought a Cobra, for that reason.
I believe that the word "professional" is used to avoid confusion with the Schick Injector.
All of the Feather blade packaging says "professional" on it and yes the razor was designed for all of the different Feather straight razor blades and uses them with no problems. They all have the same mounting system ( oblong holes in the rear of the blade) the only difference is in the edge of the blade.
The only blade that I haven't used in my Cobra is the "light blade" which is a new one.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

desertbadger wrote:
notthesharpest wrote:A questionish comment (or a commentish question) peripheral to this thread, but maybe the right crowd is watching... Classic Shaving's site seems very insistent that only Pro blades (NOT Pro Super or any others) are to be used with this razor. I have not bought a Cobra, for that reason.
I believe that the word "professional" is used to avoid confusion with the Schick Injector.
All of the Feather blade packaging says "professional" on it and yes the razor was designed for all of the different Feather straight razor blades and uses them with no problems. They all have the same mounting system ( oblong holes in the rear of the blade) the only difference is in the edge of the blade.
The only blade that I haven't used in my Cobra is the "light blade" which is a new one.

Regards,
David

These days they are quite insistent that only the Professionals work, not the Pro Guard or Super Pros, due to blade width and other slight differences, some users had problems with the shave or the blades not fitting correctly. If you have questions about that, email CS.
~Scott
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Thanks for the helpful answers, both. (My interpretation & conclusion: It's probably fine with Pro Supers but I'm not going to spend the bucks to find out.)
Janus

Post by Janus »

Forgot to mention that the executive-shaving probably still has a 10% discount going, try using coupon code "yipee2010".
Janus
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

siouxsie wrote:
desertbadger wrote:

Regards,
David

These days they are quite insistent that only the Professionals work, not the Pro Guard or Super Pros, due to blade width and other slight differences, some users had problems with the shave or the blades not fitting correctly. If you have questions about that, email CS.
Hmmm....that's a new one on me. I was one of the first to buy one from them, the razors weren't even on their website, so Daniele didn't know what to charge me. ( I was down there in person as I don't live that far away)
Anyway, I guess I may have bought an odd ball because mine takes the three blades with no problem and shaves great.
Good information to know though.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

I can only report what they told me after I inquired about it when they had listed that two of the other blade types were compatible on their site and then they subsequently removed that info. Also, I remember discussion on B&B.

From their website: "(This razor is for use with Feather Professional Blades Only) "

From their email to me: "Feather Pro Light Blades will not work with this razor." After I emailed them to see if I could get one box of each with the razor and subsequently informed them that the site said it did and also the Pro Guard blades. Both of these were subsequently removed from the page.

And from the the blue site, is where I read about some folks having blade issues with other than the Pros. This doesn't mean you can't get them to fit and work, but I do know Classic lists the Super Pro as being thicker than the Pros. The Pro Guard would also be thicker with the wire guard, but it would seem the Lights should be the same thickness.

There is also the possibility that because of compatibility complaints from some users, they decided to add the disclaimer about "only Pro Blades." In general, the email CS seems a little untrained about their safety razor products at least.

Here's more info if you care to read or re-read (I don't). :wink:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71680
~Scott
Blue As A Jewel

I just put in my order with Executive - the 10% discount is good until the end of the month - so all is good.

I have read reviews on blade type and it would appear while any Feather Pro-series blade will work - the razor is "optimized" for the Professionals.

Further discussion on this topic should be moved into the Safety Razors & Blades forum...
- Ravi -