vulfix grosvenor

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
gil3591

vulfix grosvenor

Post by gil3591 »

ok, so who has one of these brushes? what are its pros and cons? is it the best of both worlds or the worst of both worlds or just meh! ?
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

I have one, and it is the best of all possible worlds for me! It is a beautiful brush, handle and knot. Perfect in size, shape and color. It is soft without being too soft, dense but not so dense that it holds onto lather, and has backbone enough to maintain its shape during lathering. I use it for both soaps and creams. Not regrets on getting it at all; no intention of getting another brush now that I have the Grosvenor (unless I get another one as a spare).
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I am the happy owner of a gifted LE. My previous experience was another Vulvix,best grade starter brush. I am,for present, a one brush man. I am a soap user, though I've dabbled with cremes.
My right, and dominant hand suffers periodic cramping and light arthritis from a service accident that broke everything. The handle is perfect for my glove size Large hand. The knot is best friends with MWF. A never mentioned quality is how easilly it rinses clear and with a brief shake quickly dries without giving the bloom attention to avoid the 'Gumby' look of lesser brushes.
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Kav, I never thought of how well it rinses! But it certainly does!!
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

I assume Gil is referring to the standard Vulfix Grosvenor 404 which is a boar/badger mixed knot rather than the Grosvenor LE in Two Band (although I could be wrong).
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Hodari D.

Post by Hodari D. »

John Parker wrote:I have one, and it is the best of all possible worlds for me! It is a beautiful brush, handle and knot. Perfect in size, shape and color. It is soft without being too soft, dense but not so dense that it holds onto lather, and has backbone enough to maintain its shape during lathering. I use it for both soaps and creams. Not regrets on getting it at all; no intention of getting another brush now that I have the Grosvenor (unless I get another one as a spare).
I can't add much to this glowing review except to validate it since I did buy a spare! :shock:

And I'm speaking about the two-band limited edition.
Best,
Scott
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

no i am talking of the regular boar/badger brush.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

"It's a Vulfix!" A advertising phrase once awarded many fine products.
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

I am referring specifically to the Grosvenor LE two-band. Humbly suggest Gil look at this one instead of the badger/boar, though I have no experience with the badger/boar.
Last edited by John Parker on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAV

Post by KAV »

Aside from his hats, I thought Mussolini's one redeeming quality was his decision after reviewing tank trials. The italians put all 3 into production :lol:
Buy both :twisted:
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

no to the le. sorry. my polo 2band gives all the luxury i would want. my omega big bruiser is good for everything else. today i used my big boar with tabac and don't think anything could compare :lol: i was thinking that maybe the boar badger mix could give something in between. at a nominal expense it may be worth the price
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
KAV

Post by KAV »

The crowd below looks up chanting JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Still can't speak to the badger/boar combo, Gil, but the Grosvenor handle is second to none in my opinion.
dennisthemenace

Post by dennisthemenace »

I recently bought the Vulfix Grosvenor boar/badger from Phil at Bullgoose; and I LOVE it! A great brush. Great for face lathering! To me it combines the best of what I like in boar and badger. A great value!
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis
jpmac55

Post by jpmac55 »

I recently purchased the Grosvenor boar/badger version and am quite pleased with it. It certainly looks and performs like a much more expensive brush, making it a real good value.

I was initially caught up with all the hoopla high end badger's receive but have grown to prefer brushes with a bit more backbone. I like the extra benefit of exfoliating my face as I lather.

I purchased mine from Phil at http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/
John
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

John, Welcome to SMF!
Regards,
Gordon
jpmac55

Post by jpmac55 »

Thanks, Gordon - happy to be here!
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

John,
Welcome - you're lucky to make it in amongst the flood of spambots we have been deleting, but your profile looked real!

Who knew there were hundreds of inline skaters in Zimbabwe all palpitating to join a shaving forum?

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey John, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

The only that I can say is:the more I use it the more I love it.A great brush,really well made and perfect for facelathering and beat triple milled soaps.