Real Shaving Co.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
loueedacat1

Real Shaving Co.

Post by loueedacat1 »

I tried this (the moisturizing version). Great razor, great shave, burned my face nasty. Must be alergic to the fragrance or the tea treal oil. Rite Aid was kind enought to swap it for a sensitive skin version - I'll try again (tough I suspect I'll react to that too).

Seems creightons didn't give up quality when it did it's own cheap brand version.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

This is quite a decent performing cream for sure - and the best part is that its readily available at most drug stores and grocery chains.

Hope the sensitive version fares better for you.
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
jbc

Post by jbc »

I have found that 99.9% of all people that think there skin is sensitive, realy do nto have sensitive skin. I don't think that you have sensitive skin at all what you have is an alergy to certain perfumes and my Mrs has the same sort of skin as yours. Mine could care less one way or the other what I do. I think that what you need is not sensitive products but uncentented products like my Mrs does. Fortunately my skin does not care one way or the other about scents. Recomend that you lay off the after shaves, since these are all about scents.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

The sensitive version didn't make me break out, but man that scent is nasty. I almost wonder if creighton's agreed with GFT and T&H that any generic version they sold would smell nasty so as not to undercut them!

I definitely don't have sensitive skin. I do suspect that the sensitive skin versions of products just have less of the ingredients that are more likely to cause allergies - don't know if that's true or not. I only react to a few scents, notably the almond scented GFT and TOBS (but not their other scents).

But the Real Shave Co. cream is the Real Deal on performance. It just smells NASTY.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

I have 2 tubes here--the menthol and the moisturizing. The menthol feels nonexistant, and the moisturizing is just so-so. They both have the same scent, which is lousy. I might throw them out.
JEFF
Greenhouse

Post by Greenhouse »

I've had problems with RSC cream as well. I generally tolerate anything on my face, but this cream didn't agree with me. I do think it makes a decent lather, and it's readily available.

Good luck with the sensitive version.

- Greenhouse.
brothers

Post by brothers »

crackstar wrote:I have 2 tubes here--the menthol and the moisturizing. The menthol feels nonexistant, and the moisturizing is just so-so. They both have the same scent, which is lousy. I might throw them out.
Hey Louee and Crackstar --- I was browsing around recently, and discovered the Menthol version of Real SC. I haven't bought any new SC in several months now, on purpose, but I was thinking that if I did eventually cave and have to buy more, maybe it would be the Real Menthol and the Traditional Regular. But wow, after reading all of these remarks by some guys that know what they are talking about, I don't know. If it really smells nasty, that may be just what I'm looking for! I'm getting kind of tired of all this stuff smelling so good all the time. Bring on the nastiness! :twisted:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

brothers wrote:
crackstar wrote:I have 2 tubes here--the menthol and the moisturizing. The menthol feels nonexistant, and the moisturizing is just so-so. They both have the same scent, which is lousy. I might throw them out.
Hey Louee and Crackstar --- I was browsing around recently, and discovered the Menthol version of Real SC. I haven't bought any new SC in several months now, on purpose, but I was thinking that if I did eventually cave and have to buy more, maybe it would be the Real Menthol and the Traditional Regular. But wow, after reading all of these remarks by some guys that know what they are talking about, I don't know. If it really smells nasty, that may be just what I'm looking for! I'm getting kind of tired of all this stuff smelling so good all the time. Bring on the nastiness! :twisted:
you could uberlather it with some Arko shave stick and a double nasy tallow experience!