Alcolado Glacial

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
ScottB

Alcolado Glacial

Post by ScottB »

I've been muttering about this one in a few other posts, guess it was inevitable that I try it. I like it and it is cheap so I'm doing my countertop bottle routine.

Alcolado Glacial is not so much about strong menthol scent, it actually is very mild on application but then the cold sensation starts and lasts about 10 minutes.

The chemicals in menthol cause the nerves in the skin on your face to transmit an "I'm cold" signal to your brain. While it might seem like a bit of trickery there is no question about the freezing sensation being real or not. It feels like you've stuck your face into the freezer in a forlorn search for that last lime popsicle. I can see why it is so popular in hot climates.

So I've got the 6-dollar bottle (Pier One) and an appropriate stopper (Amazon). The coloration of this aftershave/splash/window-cleaner makes it look like it came straight out of the spent-fuel cooling pools at Fukushima Reactor #3 but it really is a pleasant aftershave product. There is an iceberg in this bottle. :D
Last edited by ScottB on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkthulhu

Post by funkthulhu »

I'm a shaver, and I endorse this kind of quality post. . .
"Ph'nglui nglw'nafh Funkthulhu R'lincoln wgah'nagl shavagn"

In his house in Lincoln, Funkthulhu is shaving. . .
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

Wow that bottle looks delicious!... :lol:

ST
m3m0ryleak

Re: Alcolado Glacial

Post by m3m0ryleak »

ScottB wrote: It feels like you've stuck your face into the freezer in a forlorn search for that last lime popsicle. :D
Brilliant imagery =D>

You can have the last lime since I took the last orange. :P
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's a pretty bottle! AG is good stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Whoop whoop! Evacuate! Whoop whoop! Evacuate! 8)

Brilliant bottle combo. But... well... wouldn't you say perhaps a tiny bit more Sellafield Pile #1 rather than Fukushima 3?
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis