Mitchell's Woolfat Ceramic Container

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Post by brothers »

My MWF explodes into a rich fragrant lather at the drop of a hat, and speaks with a German accent. It's mixed 50/50 with the equally legendary Tabac soap, and is a such a delight that I find myself anticipating and craving it enthusiastically.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
OtherMoe

Post by OtherMoe »

Squire wrote:Out of respect I keep the Fat in only the highest quality plastic zip lock container.
Same Same! The Ziploc's stack nice too (i'm an OCD anal retentive engineering type), stacking and neatness is more important to me,,,,,,,,,,, oh gotta go, seems I have a pen setting in my pencil holder that needs moved to the proper location. :)
--------------------------
-Moe
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:Out of respect I keep the Fat in only the highest quality plastic zip lock container.
This is understandable as I hear life can often be difficult in the colonies ...... :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

When I did use MWF I found it was quite happy in my Tabac ceramic dish. I have since returned a puck of Tabac to the said dish.
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
wvbias

Post by wvbias »

jww wrote:
This is understandable as I hear life can often be difficult in the colonies ...... :wink:

Doom despair and misery on us. Deep dark
depression excessive misery..... :D
AFG

Post by AFG »

While I no longer love the Fat, I do have deep feelings for the dish. At present, Klar Kabinett is the occupant.
Al
owenm

Post by owenm »

KAV wrote:My history is rusty :oops: Was RichardIII Lancaster or York? MWF may not hold the bard of Avon in high esteem.I understand there is a society still trying to restore his name in history after William's highly political play.
And we think our politics gets nasty
Previously an inky Molesworth-esque schoolboy would have been taught the menmonic 'Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain' for the colours of the rainbow. Nowadays they are asked to think of a man named ROY G. BIV, presumably because they're not expected to know who Richard of York is either. 'Tis True.
Cheers,
Owen
xraygun

Post by xraygun »

The dish is de rigueur. Only in the dish does the Woof come into it's true potential.
-Ray
“Who said anything about slicing you up? ... I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead-- nothing serious.” -Oscar Zeta Acosta
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

I use an empty Crabtree & Evelyn glass shaving cream tub. It fits perfectly and the lid is almost airtight.