Bloody Mary

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
sgtrecon212

Bloody Mary

Post by sgtrecon212 »

I don't have what you would call a "recipe" for my Bloody Mary. My wife likes them and so do my friends. My ingredients are:

V8 juice, celery salt, Mr&Mrs T's mix, ice, vodka, Frank's hot sauce and some worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins). I discovered some variations, like adding a bit of A-1 steak sauce. I found a variation on the Internet recently, which calls for some pickle juice. I tried that style, but the pickle juice I prefer is from Claussen pickle spears.

Any more ingredients I should try?
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Try gin instead of vodka.
Regards,
Squire
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Squire wrote:Try gin instead of vodka.
Take all the ingredients in the OP's recipe. Put 2 parts gin and 1 part tonic over ice. Leave other ingredients on counter.

:D
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well the simplest version is one ingredient, a bottle of gin kept in the freezer. Wait a minute . . . what were we talking about . . . gin makes me forgetful.
Regards,
Squire
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Two parts Zing Zang mix to one part Mr. And Mrs. T, if you like them spicy. Reverse the ratio if you like them milder. Add a jigger of vodka. To me, it's hard to improve on Zing Zang. Everything is already in there. Try it with a lime slice. Of course, I like to garnish with a celery stalk. You gotta eat, right?
Jim
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Right, the celery is an important addition. I once had a companion who believed a fully loaded Bloody Mary was a separate food group.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm so naive! I thought it would contain -- tomato juice? I guess not.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

Bloody Mary's are interesting... perhaps a CDN variation?

Caesar:

- Vodka or Gin
- Mott's Clamato http://www.mottsclamato.ca
- tsp Worcestershire
- Tabasco to tolerance
- For those inclined some horseradish

Perhaps a drop in nutrition value from the Bloody Mary
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Inferno vodka and tomato juice, then a dash of Lea & Perrin's sauce. Eat the pepper when you get to the bottom of the bottle!

Chris
Keeping warm.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
werdna

Post by werdna »

For me it is Zing Zang or Mrs. T's mix + some reasonable vodka (Absolut or Ketel one for me) + 2 drops of Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce + a dill pickle spear.

I like em made other ways and with celery and well who am I kidding I like em however they are served but when I'm making my own it is the recipe above.

-Andrew
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

jtpca wrote:For those inclined some horseradish
Never had one with horseradish before. I'll be on the lookout, though.
Regards,
Mike
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

I like the Zing Zang but it is a bit sharp, and I have tried it as well. So when I do use it I go halves or so with Mr & Mrs T's.
Olives and celery belong there for the nutritional support. And the V-8 I use gives me my veggies, too.

Absolutely I want to try a Caesar... I saw that mentioned in Wikipedia and it sure sounded good!
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
brothers

Post by brothers »

A couple of years ago our office had a morning pot luck breakfast, and I brought a huge pitcher of non-alcoholic bloody marys, made with Mr/Mrs T's spicy mix and I think it was V-8 and/or tomato juice. It was real good, and several of them asked what it was made with. It was something different for an early workday get-together.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Ah, Gary, when you omit the alcohol it's called a Virgin Mary.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

The spicy was so hot it made my head sweat, but it was really good. It would have been even better if it wasn't virgin. No pun intended. :oops:
Gary