First injector finding

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
FireTJ

First injector finding

Post by FireTJ »

Im looking to try an injector razor. What are some good ones to look for? Are eversharps bad? I really never see anyone have any, only people saying "NOT ever-sharp". Any help? Thanks!
Shave4Fun

Re: First injector finding

Post by Shave4Fun »

FireTJ wrote:Im looking to try an injector razor. What are some good ones to look for? Are eversharps bad? I really never see anyone have any, only people saying "NOT ever-sharp". Any help? Thanks!
I don't know if you are referring to my post, which said, "NOT Eversharp", but I have been told it is, even though the logo is not there. My G1 (see pics and discussion under "Schick Injector Year and model?") is a good shaver, and these can be picked up off ebay fairly inexpensively. But there are a lot of injector users on this forum who prefer other models. But mine does a good job.
Regards,
Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
FireTJ

Post by FireTJ »

I wasnt really referring to your post exactly. I had actually seen some peoples "Shave of the Day" posts and one user put "Not EVERSHARP" by his injector type. Was wondering if they are no good or whats wrong with them. Also would like to know what some good year and brands are and where to get blades for them. Any help would be awesome!
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

FireTJ wrote:I wasnt really referring to your post exactly. I had actually seen some peoples "Shave of the Day" posts and one user put "Not EVERSHARP" by his injector type. Was wondering if they are no good or whats wrong with them. Also would like to know what some good year and brands are and where to get blades for them. Any help would be awesome!
Maybe some others will chime in on their favorite injectors. A lot of guys here like the Schick blades made in China. Drugstore.com has the best price I've seen lately and I just ordered 4 packs today. Have not tried them but heard they are good.

Regards,
Roger
Roger

desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Eversharp is basically the original injector and they are one fine shaving piece. Later, Schick bought them out but continued the Schick/Eversharp name. Later still, the name was changed to just Schick.
Either one will be a great shaver although the later models L, M, J, 500, and N tend to be the pick of the litter. The N model is probably the best of the bunch, IMO.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
FireTJ

Post by FireTJ »

Ok so if an eversharp was purchased, i dont have to much to worry about like being a bad razor? haha
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

FireTJ wrote:Ok so if an eversharp was purchased, i dont have to much to worry about like being a bad razor? haha
Unless it was damaged somehow you should have no worries.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

You might do a "want to buy" in Selling and Trading on this forum. There's probably a member here who has just what you're looking for. Ebay is can be good, but at least you can get a tested razor here.
Roger
Roger

alcx77

Post by alcx77 »

Shave4Fun wrote:
FireTJ wrote:I wasnt really referring to your post exactly. I had actually seen some peoples "Shave of the Day" posts and one user put "Not EVERSHARP" by his injector type. Was wondering if they are no good or whats wrong with them. Also would like to know what some good year and brands are and where to get blades for them. Any help would be awesome!
Maybe some others will chime in on their favorite injectors. A lot of guys here like the Schick blades made in China. Drugstore.com has the best price I've seen lately and I just ordered 4 packs today. Have not tried them but heard they are good.

Regards,
Roger

I picked up 3 packs of 7 each for Drugstore.com as well...the Chicks..
Along with 5 packs of 20 from Ted Pella........RAD again :evil:
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

FireTJ wrote:. . . if an eversharp was purchased, i dont have to much to worry about like being a bad razor?
I've had several bent bar guards, lazy doors and a bent head post on early Gillettes, and a plating flaw that would rend flesh on a newer Jagger razor -- but never a problem with an injector. That's been my experience.
Ron
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

rsp1202 wrote:
FireTJ wrote:. . . if an eversharp was purchased, i dont have to much to worry about like being a bad razor?
I've had several bent bar guards, lazy doors and a bent head post on early Gillettes, and a plating flaw that would rend flesh on a newer Jagger razor -- but never a problem with an injector. That's been my experience.
Yes, Ron, I agree. While not unbreakable, the Schick Injectors are quite sturdy little rascals.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, they worked, well, still will . . . just a darn shame we can't get the first quality blades.
Regards,
Squire
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

The limited blade choice and more importantly lack of ultimate smoothness of the newer blades makes injectors a sometimes thing for me. I really love the system, but whatchagonnado.
Ron
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

desertbadger wrote:Eversharp is basically the original injector and they are one fine shaving piece. Later, Schick bought them out but continued the Schick/Eversharp name. Later still, the name was changed to just Schick
Jacob Schick's razor company started as The Magazine Repeating Razor Company. Eversharp was a pen company that bought this razor company later, after Schick had already sold his interest in it some years before. The longer version of this story is here:
http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm
FireTJ

Post by FireTJ »

Thanks for all the reply guys! I will begin my search for my first injector razor soon! I hope to find something good haha
brothers

Post by brothers »

FireTJ wrote:Thanks for all the reply guys! I will begin my search for my first injector razor soon! I hope to find something good haha
Here's good timing for you - Nathan has a couple of injectors with blades for sale here on SMF. Good razors at great prices. Just what you're looking for!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444