Atkinsons Bath Soaps

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Craig_From_Cincy

Atkinsons Bath Soaps

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I received my shipment of Atkinsons Blue Lavender, Country Musk and Sandalwood bath soaps from the Italian Barber tonight. The soaps are all tallow based, and reasonably priced. I found the bars to be nice and hard, so presumably they are triple milled. I showered with the Country Musk after work, and it has a wonderful and pure fern scent that's much nicer to my nose than the Valobra Fern that I used some years ago. The Atkinsons are also much more reasonably priced than the Valobra soaps. The soap lathered very nicely and with little effort, and then rinsed cleanly, leaving my skin clean feeling without any dryness. Here are a few pictures.

Can you spot the verboten ingredient in the Country Musk soap?

The scent of the Blue Lavender is pure but not overpowering. The scent of the Sandalwood is very light, a bit powdery, and rather disappointing.
Last edited by Craig_From_Cincy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,

Craig
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Craig, Interesting. Those look just a little different from the ones I had two or three years ago and the packaging is slightly different as well. Maybe I'll give them another shot sometime. I had the 'golden cologne' scented ones and for some reason they seemed not to agree with my skin. In fact, I'm using the last one I had right now as a bathroom hand soap.
Regards,
Gordon
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: Atkinsons Bath Soaps

Post by bernards66 »

An update. Craig sent me a sliver of the Atkinson's Country Musk soap and I liked it a good deal so i went and ordered some. I really wanted the Lavender but my source ( Connaught ) was out so I went with the Country Musk. This is definately a 'fougre' sort of scent; to be honest it smells a little like Irish Spring, which really isn't a bad thing. The soap seems well made and so far I've had no adverse feedback from my skin. While the lather may not be quite as intense as Mitchell's Wool Fat, it is still very good. In some odd way this Atkinson's reminds me a little bit of the old tallow based C&E soaps that I used for years. I like it.
Regards,
Gordon