Injector razors

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
aircraft_electrician

Injector razors

Post by aircraft_electrician »

I've been missing from SMF for quite some time, having been mostly satisfied with my (rather large) stash of various soaps and creams, and my (again, rather large) collection of vintage DE razors. However, my wanderlust, combined with my sense of nostalgia, has pushed me into the world of injector razors. I have my grandfather's bakelite handled Schock, I've acquired an adjustable Schick, and a vintage Stick Schick.

The problem I'm having is I can't find any blades locally. I'll need to order blades online, but the question what blades?
I've seen Parker blades )which can be had with an adjustable Parker razor), and I see Feather makes injector blades, of course, but these are designed for Feather's straight razors and I don't know if they make razors for regular injector razors. I've also seen Schick blades, and of course they're the OG inventor of the injector razor.

So my question for those more experienced with injectors is, what blades should I buy? My razor acquisition disorder says to buy the Parker adjustable that comes with 20 blades, but I know nothing of this razor or their injector blades. Help me out, brothers!
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
BullGoose
Vendor

Re: Injector razors

Post by BullGoose »

Buy the Schick blades if you can. Schick has a few different varieties, Be forewarned that the Schick B20 blades do not come with the "key". If you need the key, the Chinese made Schick blades are your best bet.

I would avoid the Parker blades. It is my understanding that they are re-branded Personna blades and are a bit rough.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil