Is SMF losing its vigour?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Is SMF losing its vigour?

Post by drmoss_ca »

Gene wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:36 am I was losing my mind for sure - glad it's resolved. I never got any EMails about this, BTW.
Did you get the mass e-mail a couple of days ago? I tried to make the board send one to all members, but I never got a copy, so may have messed it up.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Gene

Post by Gene »

drmoss_ca wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:55 am
Gene wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:36 am I was losing my mind for sure - glad it's resolved. I never got any EMails about this, BTW.
Did you get the mass e-mail a couple of days ago? I tried to make the board send one to all members, but I never got a copy, so may have messed it up.

Chris
Morning!

No, I didn't see anything about it. One day the forum was just gone. I tried everything I could think of to get it back (different browsers, phone, tablet, cleared cookies [oops, you said not to]) and finally realized I could still see the board index and saw your thread about the hijack (I scrolled down and saw it with a current posting date, knew it was post-hack). So, every day or so I tried to log back in with no luck. Monday I noticed that there were some current posts listing on the index. I picked one at random and decided to try to PM brothers about it. Got a login screen, this time the login worked, and here we are.

Oh - and I did try to Email the address noted on our index page (the "contact us" button), but that drew no response - not sure who might be monitoring that.

That said - I wanted to publicly thank you and Vince (who has no doubt returned to his slumbers for a much needed rest) for fighting the good fight on our behalf.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Gene,
I get an error when trying to use the 'Contact Us' link, so I'll look into it.

I'll try again to send a mass e-mail, as there will be lots of people out there who don't know the board is back.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace