electric shaver

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: electric shaver

Post by Sam »

I got a freebird for $44 shipped. Half the price of a Pitbull. Some reviews says it is the Remington Bald clippers with different labeling. 30 day money back guarantee. If it does not work then either the Braun 9 or Andis if I feel like electric will do. Otherwise will just stick with a Leaf razor. It works great but some days I want to buzz and go if I can
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Sounds like a good plan, Sam.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm not there yet but my son is right there with you guys. Nothing up top so he's shaving what does grow, and his long full black beard compensates.
He's told me what he uses to shave the scalp, but I can't remember what he uses.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Sam wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:28 pm I got a freebird for $44 shipped. Half the price of a Pitbull. Some reviews says it is the Remington Bald clippers with different labeling. 30 day money back guarantee. If it does not work then either the Braun 9 or Andis if I feel like electric will do. Otherwise will just stick with a Leaf razor. It works great but some days I want to Buzz and go if I can
Buzz is deeply resentful of any association between himself and electric razors.

Buzz
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Ha! Nice to see you, Buzz.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

M6Classic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:37 am
Sam wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:28 pm I got a freebird for $44 shipped. Half the price of a Pitbull. Some reviews says it is the Remington Bald clippers with different labeling. 30 day money back guarantee. If it does not work then either the Braun 9 or Andis if I feel like electric will do. Otherwise will just stick with a Leaf razor. It works great but some days I want to Buzz and go if I can
Buzz is deeply resentful of any association between himself and electric razors.

Buzz
Now, how much credibility can we assign to such a statement, coming from someone named "Buzz?" :shock:

Perhaps you should assume a more razorly name. 8)

- Murray

PS. Good to see you, Buzz.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I got the free bird shaver as they had a new special for $40 with free delivery. Yes, you do sign up for the subscription service for an overpriced replacement blade, but I can opt out and get the exact same thing on Amazon for a third of the price. It’s made in China. Anyway, the free bird is, so when I get the cheaper replacement.

It does a very good job. It does not shave as close as a Reza, but that’s because you’re feeling that your head and you can feel a little bit more stubborn with the electric shaver than the razor. However, I asked my wife if she could notice the difference, standing 3 feet away from me and she could not. So when I want a good shave, I will use the razor, but if I need to touch up the next day or if Saturday is the second day, I could spend two or three minutes going over my head with the electric shaver and go out the door knowing that I’ve got about 90 to 95% of a razor shave