Thayer's Witch Hazel in B&M?

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
letterk
Vendor

Thayer's Witch Hazel in B&M?

Post by letterk »

Why is Thayer's Witch Hazel so impossible to find in a brick & mortar shop? It's so inexpensive that I hate to pay S&H on it.

Does anyone know a shop in Southern CA that carries it, I'd certainly appreciate the info.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Whole Foods. www.wholefoods.com for locations.

I think Costco or Sam's Club carries Thayers in big ass bottles.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

There's a Whole Foods in Tustin!
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
slcsteve

Post by slcsteve »

Try this:

www.vitaminshoppe.com

Then go to store locator. They seem to have locations all over California.
Steve

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

Awesome. You guys rock. I don't know why I wasted 30 minutes calling every drug store and walmart/target in the area. I should have known I'd get my answer in a few minutes here.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

That Vitamin Shoppe is right around the corner from me. As soon as you mentioned it, I new where it is. <hitting head on desk>
John

Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

you should check out whole foods too. they carry KMF, Aloe 80, many different soaps and face products.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

I'm planning on checking them (Whool Foods) out this week. I've seen some threads on places to shop in Southern CA, but none for Orange County (besides South Coast Plaza). I'll write up what I find. Thanks for the tip.

The Missus and I used to shop at Whole Foods before my son came along. It's just a little to far to drive with life getting crazier by the day. But for shaving products, it's worth it!
John

Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I ordered 3 bottles online a few days ago but I would like to find it cheaper as well, any Canadians know a place to get it up here?
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Nitrox wrote:I ordered 3 bottles online a few days ago but I would like to find it cheaper as well, any Canadians know a place to get it up here?
I found Thayers at a local natural foods store. I think it was about $14 which isn't all that cheap I suppose.
Richard
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Rumor has it that GNC has begun carrying Thayers, KMF, and some other nifty things.
Steve

Thayer's Witch Hazel

Post by Steve »

Which product are we talking about? Is it the Witch Hazel toner? Is it used as an aftershave? Are there any benefits from using it?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

rustyblade wrote:
Nitrox wrote:I ordered 3 bottles online a few days ago but I would like to find it cheaper as well, any Canadians know a place to get it up here?
I found Thayers at a local natural foods store. I think it was about $14 which isn't all that cheap I suppose.
I paid $11.99 Canadian but had to pay about 7 bucks shipping plus GST.

I hope GNC starts carrying some of this stuff at good prices as they are easy to find.
Bruno

texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

ScottS wrote:Rumor has it that GNC has begun carrying Thayers, KMF, and some other nifty things.
My local GNC has a limited selection of KMF.
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Big Ren wrote:
Bruno,

I've been buying Thayer's Witch Hazel for years from several different health food stores. The regular is not that hard to find in those types of shops. There is a Whole Foods in Toronto located in the concourse level of Hazelton Lanes (Yorkville & Avenue Rd). They stock many varieties of the Thayer's including the Rose and Lavendar as well as the alcohol free type. They retail for about $12 / bottle. I don't think they have Aloe 80 gel but do carry the Jameson brand which is also quite good. There are also some shaving products and an assortment of Tom's of Maine toothpastes, as well as an assortment of different bar soaps. Overall, a very impressive store.

Ren
Sounds very good Ren, if I'm in that area I will try to go in and have a look. Thanks.
Bruno

ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Well, I wandered into a GNC last night, right before they closed. They had Thayer's Toner in unscented and Rose, at $7.99. They also have some Alba stuff and some KMF stuff.

They seem to be having a "buy 2, get 1 free"-type sale on cosmetic items, which I chose not to take advantage of.

As I cashed out, the counter guy gave me a little cosmetic bag filled with a coupon book for my wife.
Steve

Thayers Witch Hazel

Post by Steve »

Is this what everyone is talking about? Is it a good price? What is it about this product that everyone likes?

http://www.vitacost.com/ThayersRosePeta ... lFreeToner
Nitrox
AC/DC

Re: Thayers Witch Hazel

Post by Nitrox »

Steve wrote:Is this what everyone is talking about? Is it a good price? What is it about this product that everyone likes?

http://www.vitacost.com/ThayersRosePeta ... lFreeToner
That's the one and that is a very good price. It soothes your face and tightens up the pores.
Bruno

ScottS

Post by ScottS »

I'm not sure "everyone" likes it. I've been trying the Rose, but still find myself reaching for the Dickenson's in the AM.

The Thayer's feels thicker and oilier to me. I few drops go a real long way. I suppose at least the "thicker" part is because of the aloe.

The scent certainly is nice, but it seems longer lasting than what I want out of a toner. It puts a definate rose base on any scent I apply afterward.

I'm thinking I might be happier with the unscented Thayer's. But, then again, I like the Dickenson's, other than the scent, but the scent is absolutely gone after about a minute. I used this as my only aftershave for years.
Steve

Thayer's Witch Hazel

Post by Steve »

So it is used as an after shave? The reason I ask is that they also make a Witch Hazel aftershave but it has alcohol in it.