It's Here!

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
HLSheppard
Coffee King

Post by HLSheppard »

I DID!! I'm gonna have fun tomorrow morning! 8)

VERY nice stand as well. Easily worth the extra $$.

The paperwork just said "shaving related items." No mention of badger anywhere on it... :?
Howard L. Sheppard
howardsheppard(at)sbcglobal.net

"I wish I were less awkward around strangers. I never know what to say when someone asks me who I am and what in the world I'm doing in their house." -- Andy Ihnatko
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Am I the only one who is still waiting for my brush to escape from FedEx? It was shipped from Germany on the 3rd and got to Memphis around 2:00am on the 4th and it is STILL sitting in Memphis!

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

razor_boy wrote:Am I the only one who is still waiting for my brush to escape from FedEx? It was shipped from Germany on the 3rd and got to Memphis around 2:00am on the 4th and it is STILL sitting in Memphis!

Paul.
Have you called them recently?
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

I just posted lots of pictures/descriptions in the Pictorial section for those who are interested.

Enjoy!

-Scotto
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Chris wrote:
razor_boy wrote:Am I the only one who is still waiting for my brush to escape from FedEx? It was shipped from Germany on the 3rd and got to Memphis around 2:00am on the 4th and it is STILL sitting in Memphis!

Paul.
Numerous times....It's like no one knows anything
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
jim

Post by jim »

Got mine today. Beautiful! Thanks Joel.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

razor_boy wrote:
Chris wrote:

Paul.
I know this sounds like :bull , but you will probably have it by the 10th or 11th. Remember weekends don't count for Gummint Potentates...
Hang in there dude. The wait sucks, but it heightens the pleasure of the realization.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

guenron wrote:
razor_boy wrote:
Chris wrote: Have you called them recently?
I know this sounds like :bull , but you will probably have it by the 10th or 11th. Remember weekends don't count for Gummint Potentates...
Hang in there dude. The wait sucks, but it heightens the pleasure of the realization.
Ron, you probably right. But isn't that what the Wife is for? :lol:
Salesgod

Post by Salesgod »

Well, mine has been held up by customs since the 4th. Still waiting to be cleared by whomever as of 10 min ago. :(
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Salesgod,

Well at least its nice to know our brushes aren't lonely.

Paul.
guenron

Post by guenron »

Salesgod wrote:Well, mine has been held up by customs since the 4th. Still waiting to be cleared by whomever as of 10 min ago. :(
Think positively about this character building experience. (Sounds like :bull ) THose characters in F&W, FDA, and Customs wanna hurt your feelings! Start to finish, mine was in a status of other than in my hands for over a week from when it was dispatched in Germany. Does that make me a better man? No, but I do understand that it is really a drag and aggravating as poop everytime some dude says how much better than sex the brush is. Have some patience. Hallucinate, anything to get your mind off of ... Er, whatever.. It is worth the wait. 8)
Regards,
Ron

larrys

Post by larrys »

I received my box today just before 10:30 am at the office.

One side of the box was taped with a Fish & Wildlife tape. The other end had a Customs Cleared label with an ominous "If customs assesses duties and taxes, you will be billed later."

But the brush is beautiful!!! The silvertips are much whiter than those of my Kent BK8, and have sort of a pearly glow to them. Almost like a halo :)
guenron

Post by guenron »

larrys wrote:I received my box today just before 10:30 am at the office.

One side of the box was taped with a Fish & Wildlife tape. The other end had a Customs Cleared label with an ominous "If customs assesses duties and taxes, you will be billed later."

But the brush is beautiful!!! The silvertips are much whiter than those of my Kent BK8, and have sort of a pearly glow to them. Almost like a halo :)
ENJOY!!!!!
Regards,
Ron

Lionhoo

Post by Lionhoo »

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

I have a new toy!!! Right now, it is taking a lovely warm bath in a mixture of distilled water and Trumper's Rose Skin Food to get rid of the badger smell.

Can't wait for the morning to come!

YAYYYYY
-Marshall
In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will
-W.S. Churchill

"Causa latet, vis est notissima!" -- Ovid
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Maybe I should check into an airline ticket to Memphis tomorrow :evil:

Paul.
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Mine came in a Fedex envelope this morning. It's a beaut!

I find it kind of strange that one shipment should be split up this way. You would think that once they were satisfied they had aggravated us eough they would release the entire shipment.
Joe
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Joe Lerch wrote:Mine came in a Fedex envelope this morning. It's a beaut!

I find it kind of strange that one shipment should be split up this way. You would think that once they were satisfied they had aggravated us eough they would release the entire shipment.

That's what I was thinkin'
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Whether we like it or not, they have their job to do. I don't think they got together and came up with the idea of picking on SMF members. And remember, they don't just deal with FedEx, but with all courier services, and who knows what other businesses. Frustrating, yes, but it is what it is.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Mine was delivered this morning.
Box had been sliced open on one end, and resealed by F&W.
Brush and stand looks great.......can't wait to try it with my new Tabac soap.
Thanks Joel and Bernd

Steve
lint

Post by lint »

so here mine is, incase your not tired of seeing pictures of these brushes yet :wink:

-todd