new CCW pistol

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
rsp1202

Re: new CCW pistol

Post by rsp1202 »

I was advised dry-firing would damage the S&W's firing pin (a problem that Rugers avoided by their different design). Today I know there's two schools of thought about that, but back then I did what I was told. Even with the Ruger, I never dry-fired without using snap caps. BTW, my first real gun was a Ruger Security Six, and it was a beaut. The action job on it rivaled any of those on my S&W's. Wish I still had it.

My interest in guns was very similar to my interest in shaving gear. My first brush was the Savile Row 3824: if I had just kept it instead of getting all experimental, I would have saved a lot of time and money. I just didn't realize how good I had it. Well, at least I now know I have a repeatable syndrome.<sigh>
Ron
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

deleted
Last edited by ShadowsDad on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Deleted all content. Not wanted here. Too "Nutty".
Last edited by Bob in TX on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

ShadowsDad wrote:OK, after purchasing the handgun, I've been dry firing it every night. So far at least hundreds of times, possibly thousands. I haven't been counting, I've been feeling the trigger. When the lubrication began to get a bit dry on the sear I still dry fired it frankly, that's what I was waiting for. I haven't been counting. But when I watch a movie or the talking heads I try for the mudulla oblongata shot and that media gives me plenty of dry fire opportunity.
That would be medulla oblongata (and no one with a hand gun is that good a shot!) My problem is that most/all shaving forums with the majority of members based in the USA have endless threads about guns. Whilst I own and like guns, this is not why we are here at SMF. Could you gun nuts post this stuff on a gun forum, please? There are many shavers here who don't shoot, or who live in jurisdictions where personal firearms are illegal, and they still need to get a good shave!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace