Parkers

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Jay1974

Parkers

Post by Jay1974 »

Not sure if that has ever come up (it did on another forum)... anybody use the Parkers that one gentleman sells on ebay? They're good looking razors. I'm new to this board, so hi from Toronto!
Jay
shavecoot

Post by shavecoot »

I have a Parker purchased on Ebay and truthfully there is nothing wrong with it. For an inexpensive razor it shaves just fine, but if I had it to do over again I would just take the money I spent on the Parker and put it toward a Merkur.

It's a moot point for me though as I have discovered the Schick Injector and seldom if ever use a DE anymore. LOVE that injector shave!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Welcome, Jay from Toronto. Toronto is a good place to source interesting shave supplies.
Richard
sillyshaver

Post by sillyshaver »

Welcome Jay,

This is a great board to learn from...the lads on here are really helpful.
I'm relativley new and went with a Merkur HD for my first razor...and love it. I recently got a parker and don't like the feel of it compared to the Merkur. The HD feels very solid and heavy in hand compared to the parker.
sillyshaver

Post by sillyshaver »

Hi Richard,

Where do you go for your shaving supplies when you are in TO?

Thanks

Sillyshaver
vinny1957

Post by vinny1957 »

I'd have to throw my lot in with the Merkur HD, I'm a newbie as well and this is my first DE razor and I love it. You can get a brand new one form Leesrazors for $27.50 including shipping. That's where I got mine and you can't beat the price.
Vinny

P.S. Welcome!
Jay1974

Post by Jay1974 »

Ive been using the Merkur HD (which I got from Lee's) for 3 months... my RAD has been acting up, which is why I'm curious about the Parkers! :lol:
dszpiro

Post by dszpiro »

I, too, started off with a Merkur HD and then felt the urge of RAD. I have acquired about half-a-dozen razors since then, but my favorite is my Adjustable Aristocrat. I believe this is the same as a Fat Boy, but gold plated rather than chrome (nickel?) plated. If you are looking to start expanding your razor collection, I recommend that you add one of these.

Cheers,