Tweezerman Badger brush - losing hair

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Tweezerman Badger brush - losing hair

Post by rahul325 »

Well, i picked up a tweezerman badger brush, washed it in water with conditioner to get rid of the stink. i noticed that it was losing a lot of hair, by the time i was done rinsing it in the conditioner-water, it had lost about 20 hairs. Is this normal, will the hair fall stop ?

TIA,
-R.
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

My Tweezerman brush lost about that much hair during my first use and a good amount on the next couple uses as well.

It did stop though and now it hardly ever loses a hair.
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Big shed in the beginning but if it lasts longer than a week and a occasional here an there, put the warranty to use.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

Gatorade wrote:Big shed in the beginning but if it lasts longer than a week and a occasional here an there, put the warranty to use.
i hope it stops shedding, i paid $10 incl shipping, so i am not sure i wanna spend any more on postage to get the warranty.

Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

rahul325 wrote:
Gatorade wrote:Big shed in the beginning but if it lasts longer than a week and a occasional here an there, put the warranty to use.
i hope it stops shedding, i paid $10 incl shipping, so i am not sure i wanna spend any more on postage to get the warranty.
well give it a good week and then if you need to contact Tweezerman directly rather than sending it back to the seller. Manufacturers tend to back up the product better than sellers.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

Gatorade wrote:
rahul325 wrote:
well give it a good week and then if you need to contact Tweezerman directly rather than sending it back to the seller. Manufacturers tend to back up the product better than sellers.

thnx Charlie, will do that :)

rlivin

Post by rlivin »

did it ever stop losing hair? i have only used mine twice but it is shedding like crazy.
Thanks
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

rlivin wrote:did it ever stop losing hair? i have only used mine twice but it is shedding like crazy.
Thanks
I don't know about his brush in particular, however, I have a Tweezerman I keep in my rotation and it did shed some initially, but I do not notice any significant shedding anymore. The Tweezerman Badger is a good brush for the price.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

I just got mine yesterday, it shed a few hairs about as much as the proraso did, but not like the surrey did. I would really reccommend this brush, its only ten dollars and it's awesome. It's small though, but its badger, and after using it I can see why badger is the superior hair, its a lot better than boar brushes.
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
TakeTheCann0lis

Post by TakeTheCann0lis »

I had one for years, and it did shed on and off.

Still, I feel it's the best bang for the buck in the under $40 range.
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

When I bought this brush I realized man badger hair is the real deal, the brush absorbs water like a sponge, feels great on your face, lathers in half the time and produces good lather. This is now my go to brush, the surrey is now in storage, and I'll bring the omega out on occasion, but this is now my go to brush.
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

I would advise newbies to not even bother with other brushes, this thing is 10 dollars online with shipping, and its worth it for sure.
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Rocky_Marciano wrote:I would advise newbies to not even bother with other brushes, this thing is 10 dollars online with shipping, and its worth it for sure.
At what site?
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

yoyology wrote:
Rocky_Marciano wrote:I would advise newbies to not even bother with other brushes, this thing is 10 dollars online with shipping, and its worth it for sure.
At what site?

www.beautyrose.com

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
justme-

Post by justme- »

As a newb to this site and to a brush, I just want to extend my thanks for this thread- Mine just came yesterday from Beautyrose and I had my first shave with "stinky" this afternoon. 2 washings with pooch shampoo helped, but... conditioner tomorrow for sure.
TakeTheCann0lis

Post by TakeTheCann0lis »

justme- wrote:As a newb to this site and to a brush, I just want to extend my thanks for this thread- Mine just came yesterday from Beautyrose and I had my first shave with "stinky" this afternoon. 2 washings with pooch shampoo helped, but... conditioner tomorrow for sure.

ROFLMAO!!

I vote that from now on we officially dub the Tweezerman Badger Brush, "The Stinky". I bet that everyone who has one knows the feeling.

Enjoy it, it's a great entry to classic shaving!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

The Tweezerman isn't really any different than most brushes. Most tend to have an offensive odor the first few uses. Using a shampoo or soap helps. I find that Proraso (which is cheap) is a good defense in this situation. Whip up some lather, let it sit for about 15 minutes, give it a thorough rinse and repeat two or three more times. Just be sure that the rinse is adequate enough to remove residue.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
android

Post by android »

I'd second the recommendation. I use this as my travel brush, as it is completely disposable. It's a very good brush. Yes, it does shed, and it seems to continue shedding a little for a long time, but it still works fine. The funk goes away after a few uses, and the trick is to use a nice smelling cream like proraso and eventually you have a proraso smelling brush.

Can't beat the price. I just wish it wasn't so ugly wood. I may refinish mine just for fun.