The Logistics Of My Razor Collection

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
TakeTheCann0lis

The Logistics Of My Razor Collection

Post by TakeTheCann0lis »

I seem to recall reading a post where someone mentioned that they had successfully obtained a specimen of every schick injector.

Who is this person! Come clean! I have questions for you! Kudos to you man!

I have recently begun to collect them as well. I am hoping to collect them chronologically, although I started my endeavors with a type C. Currently I am looking for a Type A. There is one on ebay for $50, but I'm thinking if I'm patient I can find one for cheaper, or one that comes with the box. I have the Type C with the bar guard, as well as the smooth one.

I am also a zippo collector, however I do not just collect zippos anymore, I am specific with what I want. I only collect Zippos whose date codes reflect specific milestones in my life. Mine, my wifes, and my son's birthdays, and my date of Naval enlistment and discharge are my more popular searches.

I find that if I collect just to collect I wind up with a pile of stuff. Piles of stuff are fun to look at but not very challenging to accumulate. Creating specific rules of engagement keep my collections modest as well as more special to me.

Does anyone else have any specific collections or methods for collecting?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I think it was Tye.
Richard
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

Cigar Dan and at least me stick only to TTO Gillettes. I further only do non-adjustable TTO Gillette razors.

Shawn
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
TakeTheCann0lis

I think that I most likely focus my collection on Schicks Type A-F.

I'm dying for an F! (but aren't we all?)
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

The F is so art decco. Interesting razor. How hard are they to find?
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
TakeTheCann0lis

I'm not sure I've seen one go on Ebay for $60 recently.

I'm new at this so I'll let you know in a month I guess

:D
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

My "method" was to buy a whole lot of stuff for cheap on eBay, then sell off a bunch of stuff. I would find one or two razors of special interest among a larger lot that was attracting few bids. For instance, I got a very nice cased Gillette Rocket that way that's my main shaver right now, as well as a bunch of early 1960's Gillette adjustables.

I stopped the buying a long time ago, but need to get around to the selling, especially with prices as high as they are now.
TakeTheCann0lis

I am stuck with about a dozen valet autostrops now because of that tactic

LOL

Those suckers are like car batteries
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

TakeTheCann0lis wrote:I am stuck with about a dozen valet autostrops now because of that tactic

LOL

Those suckers are like car batteries
I have a few unused autostrop blades somewhere, if you want to try a swap of some sort.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I doubt if those blades would give a decent shave, assuming they're the disposable kind and not wedge blades.

The Schick "F" injector isn't so easy to find. I think I got mine in an auction where it wasn't clearly identified, and that helped keep it fairly inexpensive.

TakeTheCann0lis wrote:I am stuck with about a dozen valet autostrops now because of that tactic
I got a lot of disrespected 1960's Super Speeds that way. But they were included with some good stuff that's now worth a lot more than they were back then. I just hope that I don't procrastinate so long that they go out of fashion again.
Last edited by Pauldog on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TakeTheCann0lis

They still make new blades for 60's superspeeds

In order to use a valet, you have to either modify the razor, or modify the blade.