Tabac in Toronto

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
cyclist_guy

Tabac in Toronto

Post by cyclist_guy »

I've tried doing a search of the forum, but without much luck. Could someone direct me as to where I can pick up a tub of Tabac shaving cream in the Toronto area?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Welcome. Tabac cream only comes in a tube, the much superior shave soap comes in a glass bowl. I don't know of anywhere in Toronto that you can get the shave soap in person. You could look for some German deli's, grocers and give them a call. If you are in Toronto you could head down to Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply and pick up some JM Fraser.
Richard
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Cyclist,

I've seen other Tabac products, like cologne and aftershave, but never the shaving soap. I agree with Richard that your greatest chance of finding it is in a small mom and pop type establishment. Ordering online is much easier.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
koeos

Post by koeos »

Try Charles at www.qedusa.com. He just got in a supply of Tabac products.
- Mark
cyclist_guy

Post by cyclist_guy »

Thanks for your feedback guys. I've been lurking in the forum for some time now, and finally decided to post! I've used all of the usual English creams over the years and thought I would try something different.

I did manage to pick up some JM Frasers recently, and this really is great stuff. Very smooth and irritation free shave and the light lime scent is rather pleasant. Less than $10 at TBBS.
custom410

Post by custom410 »

rustyblade wrote:...You could look for some German deli's, grocers and give them a call...
I have checked all over the Bloor West Village (large European community) and came up empty. A few carried a large supply of Proraso for a while, but even that is no longer!
Cheers,
Rob
Smedley

Post by Smedley »

Behold!

In the Trawna area, anyway.
--
David

Jocular signature found elsewhere
custom410

Post by custom410 »

Thanks David. That is near Truefitt, Sleuth, and TBBS.

EDIT: and their shipping costs are really reasonable!
Cheers,
Rob
Smedley

Post by Smedley »

custom410 wrote:Thanks David. That is near Truefitt, Sleuth, and TBBS.

EDIT: and their shipping costs are really reasonable!
To make it clear, I have not used them. I do plan to visit one of their brick and mortar stores soon, though. Just passing the link along for info's sake.
--
David

Jocular signature found elsewhere
custom410

Post by custom410 »

Smedley wrote:To make it clear, I have not used them. I do plan to visit one of their brick and mortar stores soon, though. Just passing the link along for info's sake.
Please let us know your impression when you pay them a visit.
Cheers,
Rob
cyclist_guy

Post by cyclist_guy »

I stopped by their store at the TD Centre yesterday and picked up the soap in a bowl, soap refill, and some Tabac aftershave......
Julius_Rodman

Post by Julius_Rodman »

custom410 wrote:
rustyblade wrote:...You could look for some German deli's, grocers and give them a call...
I have checked all over the Bloor West Village (large European community) and came up empty. A few carried a large supply of Proraso for a while, but even that is no longer!

probably not news here, but Shoppers Drug Mart carries the Proraso pre-shave and green tube of cream.

most SDM's I've entered in Toronto carry it.
Bobbybacala

Re:

Post by Bobbybacala »

cyclist_guy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:10 pm I stopped by their store at the TD Centre yesterday and picked up the soap in a bowl, soap refill, and some Tabac aftershave......
Which store? The TD center downtown?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Re:

Post by drmoss_ca »

Bobbybacala wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:22 am
cyclist_guy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:10 pm I stopped by their store at the TD Centre yesterday and picked up the soap in a bowl, soap refill, and some Tabac aftershave......
Which store? The TD center downtown?
Welcome Bobby. You're replying to a post from 16 years ago, so that bit about 'yesterday' may not be relevant.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
EL Alamein

Re: Tabac in Toronto

Post by EL Alamein »

Wow, now this is a blast from the past! Nice to have a remembrance of some of the old members around here.

Chris
Nitrox
AC/DC

Re: Tabac in Toronto

Post by Nitrox »

Oh man, this is a while back. I think it was Big Ren that gave me the AC/DC title for an electrician.
Love seeing those names again.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."