C&E Almond Soap availability

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jayb

C&E Almond Soap availability

Post by jayb »

Hi guys!

I have been reading a bit on the forums about the apparent discontinuation of the C&E Sweet Almond Oil soap. All of the posts seem to be a year old though. I was wondering if this soap is still available. According to the website it is available. I was just wondering about the quality of this soap and it seems like something I want to try. Is it glycerine or triple milled? Thanks in advance guys!
Justin
murchmb

Post by murchmb »

It's an excellent, triple milled soap. The scent is the same as the cream, but subdued. I have one crammed into a milk glass shaving mug and enjoy it from time to time. You can sometimes find it for $3 per scuttle sized round at TJ Maxx and/or Marshall's which makes it a good value for a top notch English hard soap. I can't say anything as to it's availability in C&E stores as I don't have one nearby.
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

It's an excellent soap. Maybe not quite up to par with DR Harris and Tabac, but it's top-notch. I think it works a tad better than the other C&E soaps, of which are very good in their own right. For those of you that don't like the SAO cream, you may prefer the soap. My local C&E store doesn't carry them.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
jayb

Post by jayb »

Well, my mom brought my sister to the Mall of America and she just got back with a bag from C&E. I told her to try to see if they had the soap, which they did, and she also got some samples for me. Sandlewood Shave Balm. Sweet Almond Cream. One simply labled "Hair & Body." I'm trying to figure out what scent it may be. Smells a bit like the Sandlewood. We'll see! :P
Justin
jayb

Post by jayb »

Shaved with the Almond last night and it was a very moisturizing shave! Followed up with Proraso ASB, quite a shave indeed. The extra-moisturizing came in really handy since my skin is starting to peel a little bit. I think the C&E soap is DEFINITELY a best buy for the $3.00 that they were selling for! I will have to clean them out before I leave! :twisted:
Justin
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

others will surely jump in if i'm wrong, but... i believe that C&E discontinued the sweet almond oil shaving CREAM in the tub (and tube???). unless i fell asleep they did not discontinue the almond shaving SOAP. so if you are inlove with the soap , u should be, and remain, in luck, at least for now.
jayb

Post by jayb »

JRTASTER wrote:others will surely jump in if i'm wrong, but... i believe that C&E discontinued the sweet almond oil shaving CREAM in the tub (and tube???). unless i fell asleep they did not discontinue the almond shaving SOAP. so if you are inlove with the soap , u should be, and remain, in luck, at least for now.
Perhaps it's a different formulation, but I was given a sample of the Sweet Almond oil cream!
Justin
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

The cream in all forms (tub or tube) has been discontinued, but I just emailed C&E last night and they've notified me that while the cream is gone the almond soap they'll continue stocking.
~Joshua
gruffydd63

Post by gruffydd63 »

I was in a C&E store in Rochester, NY this morning and picked up Sienna and Almond refill pucks. The Almond comes in 50g size for $5 and the Sienna and others are 100g for $8.
Dick
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

gruffydd63 wrote:I was in a C&E store in Rochester, NY this morning and picked up Sienna and Almond refill pucks. The Almond comes in 50g size for $5 and the Sienna and others are 100g for $8.
Aaah-- a fellow Rochesterian. Be sure to pay a visit to Parkleigh, on Goodman and Park, and pick up some eShave White Tea.
BB6

Post by BB6 »

This soap (refill) is on sale at the C&E in the Limeridge mall in Hamilton for $2.50 from time to time. Fantastic soap.
Kevin
gruffydd63

Post by gruffydd63 »

Scott,

I completely forgot about Parkleigh as a source. It is a lot closer then Eastview for things other than C&E stuff.
Dick
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

gruffydd63 wrote:Scott,

I completely forgot about Parkleigh as a source. It is a lot closer then Eastview for things other than C&E stuff.
They're also a full service C&E!! It's one of those magic retailers, all things to all people, with a rather eclectic and cosmopolitan feel.
stealth

Post by stealth »

I've seen both the cream and the soap in stock recently at several C&E's, for what its worth, so it still shouldn't be too hard to come by even if they don't make it any longer.
rdb4198

Post by rdb4198 »

I've also noticed tube, tub, and soap in stock at my local C&E in Stony Brook, NY.
Rob