Shave supplies in NYC, Westchester, Queens or Nassau

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
CK

Shave supplies in NYC, Westchester, Queens or Nassau

Post by CK »

I just started wet shaving. I am using a merkur hd, taylor's lavender shaving cream, a vulfix brush, and nivea balm in the white bottle. I am running out of aftershave and want to smell before I buy (so no online). Anyone know of any shaving supply stores in this area? I want to smell the trumper's skin food before I buy it. I have heard of Cambridge down in the city but was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere with more reasonable prices. Thanks for the assistance.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

CK, Welcome. There is a considerable amount of material on this in our archives, if you want to utilize our Search function. Very briefly, re: NYC:
Pasteur's Pharmacy; East 34th St. & 62nd and Lex.
Cambridge Chemists; East 65th
Bigelows; 6th Ave. in the Village
Clyde's on Madison; in the 70s.

You can get the exact addresses and #s from the phone book. There are a number of others, but these are some of the most interesting and well stocked. NYC is one of the VERY few places in the US where you can find almost all the top end stuff often mentioned here at SMF. If you're within striking distance of the City, you are fortunate.
Regards,
Gordon
CK

Post by CK »

Gordon,

Thanks for the info. It is definitely nice to be so close to a city where almost anything you could possibly want is at your fingertips.

Thanks,
Charlie
jnich67

Post by jnich67 »

I don't know everyplace in Westchester, but at The Westchester in White Plains: Nordstrom carries T&H and AOS. There's a C&E there and Victorinox carries Murkur and Dovo products (expensive).

There is a small store in Bronxville - I've passed it a thousand times, but can't remember the name of it. They specialize in linens, soaps, candles, etc. It’s across from the train station near the pet store. They have some Trumper products along with Proraso.

Please post others in Westchester if you find anything.

Jordan
CK

Post by CK »

Jordan, I did a little searching on google. Does this sound right?

Jacqueline Bed & Bath

118 Kraft Ave
Bronxville, NY 10708
(914) 337-9161
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

I'd be interested in shops within Westchester County as well.
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."
jnich67

Post by jnich67 »

CK wrote:Jordan, I did a little searching on google. Does this sound right?

Jacqueline Bed & Bath

118 Kraft Ave
Bronxville, NY 10708
(914) 337-9161
That does sound about right. You might want to call and check with them before making a trip. Their Trumper stock tends to fluctuate. Good luck!

Jordan
CK

Post by CK »

I have to drive to the boogie down for work tomorrow morning. I think I will just swing by afterwards to see what they have.

-Charlie
Goosemeplease

Post by Goosemeplease »

bernards66 wrote:CK, Welcome. There is a considerable amount of material on this in our archives, if you want to utilize our Search function. Very briefly, re: NYC:
Pasteur's Pharmacy; East 34th St. & 62nd and Lex.
Cambridge Chemists; East 65th
Bigelows; 6th Ave. in the Village
Clyde's on Madison; in the 70s.

You can get the exact addresses and #s from the phone book. There are a number of others, but these are some of the most interesting and well stocked. NYC is one of the VERY few places in the US where you can find almost all the top end stuff often mentioned here at SMF. If you're within striking distance of the City, you are fortunate.
Regards,
Gordon

Gents

Cambridge Chemists,have moved to Lexington avenue between 64th and 65th,
I wish I could report that it was a great loss but the store is bright clean and every thing can be easily seen and found.

Scott offers a discount to the members of this forum just call and ask for him. He's a fine fellow

Jim
Jim
jnich67

Post by jnich67 »

Thanks for the update Jim. Good to know. :D

Jordan
CK

Post by CK »

Jordan

It seems as if the place in Bronxville no longer carries Trumper. I picked up some proraso shaving cream and pre shave to try out.

-Charlie
jnich67

Post by jnich67 »

CK wrote:Jordan

It seems as if the place in Bronxville no longer carries Trumper. I picked up some proraso shaving cream and pre shave to try out.

-Charlie
Ugh! That's a bummer! Did she say why?

Jordan
CK

Post by CK »

The owner was not there. Whoever was running the place did not know what Trumpers is, so maybe she is just an uninformed saleslady and they were out of stock.