SOTD 1st - 7th October 2007

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
closeshave

Post by closeshave »

Wednesday

Pre-Shave: hot towel, T&H preshave oil
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Feather
Brush: Pure badger
Cream: T&H Ultimate
A/S: witch hazel, T&H ultimate balm

Near BBS, very good shave.
Miles
°°°°°
In a village, the barber shaves everyone who does not shave himself, but no one else. Who shaves the barber?
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Wednesday

Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 Best
Cream: T&H Grafton
Razor: Pal Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick
A/S: Nancy Boy
Cologne: T&H Limes
Mike
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Trumpers razor
SMF brush
SCS Bulgarian Rose shave cream
Guerlain MM

SCS shave creams are great. I find that I don't need balms or aftershaves. My skin feels moisturized. Great job Sue!
Brett G
Viscount Krona

Post by Brett G »

Wednesday,

Sabrooney 1 Medium Finest
Coates Sandalwood
Merkur LHC w/ Feather (2)
Nancy Boy A/S gel
Penhaligon English Fern

I had forgotten about Nancy Boy A/S until a post in the Cologne/Aftershave forum reminded me. Really is very good stuff. Not greasy or oily in anyway yet very soothing.
Brett
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

Palmolive Lather
'61 Fatboy/Frenchy Gillette Platinum Plus
Alum
Thayer's Rose
Ge. F. Trumper's Coral SF

Good shave. I was in tto much of a hurry to use Feather straight this morning, and noticed it took a few minutes to get my DE legs back.
ichabod wrote:
These vintage soaps blow me away. R. Crumb, the cartoonist, apparently used to go around knocking on people's doors at random asking them if they had any 78 RPM records they wanted to sell to him. I'm contemplating doing the same for old soaps...
Dominic, I've thought that as well, but since Ann Arbor is devoid of vintage razors, I figured this would be a bust also. I'm trying to avoid the 'Bay as of late so I'll have to be sparing with my current stash.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
qhsdoitall

2007-10-03

Post by qhsdoitall »

Shower
Bath Soap: Issy British Leather with Bass Ale Bar Soap
Shampoo/Conditioner: Avalon Organics Peppermint Revitalizing Conditioner w/Babassu Oil
Shampoo/Conditioner: Avalon Organics Peppermint Revitalizing Shampoo w/Babassu Oil
Facial Wash: Nivea Sensitive Skin Facial Wash
Deodorant: Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant
Shave
Razor: Feather Artist Club DX Japanese Style Non-Folding Razor ACD-N
Razor: Gillette TTO 1970 Gold Plated, Long Black Handled Super Adjustable Double Edged Safety Razor
Razor Blades: Feather Pro Guard Blades for Feather ACD-N
Razor Blades: Treet Double Edge Razor Blades (Blue Steel)
Brush: Crabtree & Evelyn Edwin Jagger Made Brass & Faux Ebony Best Badger Shave Brush
Bowl: Mitsuwa 6" Beige shallow hand thrown Japanese bowl with side rest
Shave Cream/Soap: Mama Bear Spellbound Shave Cream
Technique: WTG/45XTG/Cleanup
Post Shave
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel Aftershave
Cologne: Mama Bear Spellbound Cologne

Result: 4.2/5.0 Was not hapy with the cleanup. The Treet Carbon Blade continue to disappoint me. This was day three on the blade and it should have been switched out. I only have a couple left and I'm going to use them up and cross them off my list. Too bad. That's what YMMV is all about. On to the next blade test. Got to save those Feathers for when I really need them.
Rich

GOTO: Merkur 34C HD Classic Chrome Double Edged Razor, Feather Razor Blade, Custom Shavemac 23mm Silver Tip Badger Shaving Brush, any Crabtree & Evelyn Shave Cream or Soap, Thayer's Witch Hazel Aftershave.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Progress/Israeli
Sabrooney finest 1/2
Tabac soap
Lucky Tiger Tonic
Knize Ten EDT
jrgroucho wrote:
ichabod wrote:
These vintage soaps blow me away. R. Crumb, the cartoonist, apparently used to go around knocking on people's doors at random asking them if they had any 78 RPM records they wanted to sell to him. I'm contemplating doing the same for old soaps...
Dominic, I've thought that as well, but since Ann Arbor is devoid of vintage razors, I figured this would be a bust also. I'm trying to avoid the 'Bay as of late so I'll have to be sparing with my current stash.

--
Jeremy
Well, Florida is the land of the retired*, so if I did find any soaps the odds are they'd still be in use.

(*While Florida may well be the land of the retired, Tampa does not seem to be.)
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Wednesday:

Merkur HD w/Swedish Gilette
Rooney Super 3,1
D.R. Harris Arlington ss
Trumpers Lime Skin Food
Crown's Spiced Limes Edt

Bob
Bob
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Bob, what did you think of the Spiced Limes?
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Andrew,
I think the scents great! It is quite an assault on the nose for the first few minutes but it really settles down nice.
It seems to have great staying power on me for a lime cologne,and the addition of the spice is a nice touch.
I'll be using this one pretty regular.
Bob
Bob
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

bernards66 wrote:By George!.....I noticed that too.....you both may stop by my office and pick up your diplomas.
Gordon
i'm honored, Duke. you know, all kidding aside i really must speak for everyone and say: thank you for your generosity and superior wisdom leading us all to better and better experiences with our shaves beyond our wildest dreams!

sincerely,
sal
(wearing cap and gown)
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

salbev wrote:
bernards66 wrote:By George!.....I noticed that too.....you both may stop by my office and pick up your diplomas.
Gordon
i'm honored, Duke. you know, all kidding aside i really must speak for everyone and say: thank you for your generosity and superior wisdom leading us all to better and better experiences with our shaves beyond our wildest dreams!

sincerely,
sal
(wearing cap and gown)
Gordon is truly royalty.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Wednesday

Pre-Shave: Proraso
Soap: UK Palmolive Soap Stick
Brush: SMF III
Razor: Gillette Tech 1947
Blade: Tesco (shave 3)
A/S: N/A
EDT: N/A
Hodari D.

Post by Hodari D. »

Wednesday

HD w/ Dorco (2)
conk pure badger
Coate's Superior Rose
Musgo Real balsam

My face was slightly irritated because I had not shaved for a number of days and then shaved Monday and Tuesday. Instead of skipping another day, I went at my face very softly and only wtg for 2 passes. Although I do not have as close a shave as I might like, I am looking more than presentable and my face is much happier and healing nicely. Sometimes, layoffs are key to recovery; other times, my face responds better to getting back in the ring for another round. Perhaps my face's conditioning is improving.

Dropped the coral skin food from the rotation. Going to try and stick to this setup for the rest of the week. I just seem to have a problem sticking to one shaving cream for more than 2 days. :wink:
Best,
Scott
drumana

Post by drumana »

Wednesday: Worst shave ever :evil:

Merkur HD w/ Derby
Kiehls brushless SC

Oh man. I was in a rush, I didn't really prep. I used the Kiehls which I'm not too familiar with. . . perfect storm for the worst shave ever. Gonna have to take tomorrow off.
-Andrew-
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Scott, Hey, if you're going to stick to one, Coate's Rose is a nice way to go...you're lucky to have some actually.
Wednesday:

Schick Injector & Schick blade ( US )
Simpson Tulip #3
Coate's Sandalwood shave cream
D R Harris's A/S Milk ( old )
Trumpers Spanish Leather

Gordon
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Wednesday

Took the day off from shaving - back on it tomorrow.[/b]
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Wednesday:

Gilllette '58 TV Super Speed / Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS French)
Taylor's Rose Shave cream
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet Aftershave
--Bob--
Michael_K

Post by Michael_K »

’59 Gillette Super Speed
Derby blade
Vulfix Grosvenor brush
Vulfix Lavender shaving cream
Aqua Velva Classis Ice Blue after shave lotion

My little ’59 Super Speed is “visually” the least impressive razor I own (and I have quite a few). With its bell flared TTO knob and goofy knurled handle, it does not excite me like my Gillette President or the my classic gold plated “New”, but it sure dose give me a great, irritation free shave. I got this ’59 as an add-on to another razor I won on eBay. It was brand new, and I almost tossed it because it was such a common razor. All I was really interested in at the time was the other razor that I was bidding on. So, anyways, I threw it in a drawer with some other junk and it sat there for a couple years before I decided to give it a try. Now, it’s my go to razor. Go figure.
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

wednesday

Vulfix 41 super
T&H lavender (I'm in love with this cream)!
Merkur slant w/Feather
Feather AC (final pass)
Harris pink
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"