MP3 player with bookmarks

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
tonyespo
The Goldfather

MP3 player with bookmarks

Post by tonyespo »

HELP!!! As mentioned in a previous thread I would like to learn to speak Spanish. Today I purchased the Pimsleur Spanish CD set. I would like to copy the CD's lessons to my MP3 Player. I have no problem doing that, but there is no bookmark feature that I can figure out on my MP3 player. I have the Sansa E250 model. I need to be able to stop the MP3 player and shut it off then come back later and play the lesson where I left off. Does anyone know of an MP3 player that has this feature? I went to the Sansa website and I don't see anything about book marking a place.

Thanks,
Tony
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
sparkchaser

Post by sparkchaser »

Pause button?

If I pause my iPod then it shuts down, when I restart it it picks up where it left off.
-Rob in Lynchburg
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Maybe the solution is on the computer, not the MP3 player. Whatever program you are using to transfer the CD should be able to first divide the CD into tracks, or subdivide the tracks that are already there.

Or am I missing the point?
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

notthesharpest wrote:Maybe the solution is on the computer, not the MP3 player. Whatever program you are using to transfer the CD should be able to first divide the CD into tracks, or subdivide the tracks that are already there.

Or am I missing the point?
Each lesson is treated as one track. I need to be able to stop the MP3 in the middle of a lesson and then restart it the next day where I left off.

I won't get an Ipod because I once had one and Itunes doesn't play well with my Windows XP Pro operating system. I have been checking on the web and there is a program called Rockbox that is another operating system that I can install on the Sansa, however many reviews say it crashed their player and ruined it. Other reviews say it's the best thing since sliced bread. I would rather just buy another player that has bookmarks built in.
Go for the GOLD.

Eastree

Post by Eastree »

Most portable music players will resume on the track at which they were stopped. It should at least be a choosable feature. Every one that I've ever had, has done this.
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Eastree wrote:Most portable music players will resume on the track at which they were stopped. It should at least be a choosable feature. Every one that I've ever had, has done this.
Do you mean even after it has been shut off for a few hours? If the ones you have owned will do that, please give me the names of them. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Tony
Go for the GOLD.

texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

tonyespo wrote:
Eastree wrote:Most portable music players will resume on the track at which they were stopped. It should at least be a choosable feature. Every one that I've ever had, has done this.
Do you mean even after it has been shut off for a few hours? If the ones you have owned will do that, please give me the names of them. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Tony
Hey Tony,

I have the same sansa but in the 4gb variant. I have several audio books on mine. When I turn it off, I can turn it back on and it's still in the same place i left off. Even days later. If you switch to the fm tuner or another playlist or whatever then it won't save your place on your lesson. If you simply turn it off when you are done or when you need to stop then it'll start back in the same place when you next turn it on.
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Erik, I will try that as soon as I get home. Thanks for the info.

TE
Go for the GOLD.

tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

It works now. The folks at Sansa support finally answered my email and told me I had to remove my SD card to make it work on pause. There is a problem when the SD card is installed. I tried it and it works great.

It took two days for tech support to email me back but they did and gave me the right answer.

Thanks everyone.

TE
Go for the GOLD.